Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope choice Login/Join 

posted
I currently have 2 Burris 3-12 AO, fine plex, target knob scopes on my Remington Custom Shop XP-100, .223 Rem, and my Rampro 6Br. I don't like them, and am considering Leupold rifle scopes w/ the CDS turrets to replace them. This way, I can get the custom turrets for my loads and "dial" in. I've never used rifle scopes on my pistols, so any experience w/ them, or input from this forum, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: magnumitis,

robert a norwood

Posts: 34 | Location: virginia | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
All my XP's have rifle scopes on them and it took a little getting use to changing my grip (not having to extend my arms) but it feels more comfortable now than before the changes to rifle scopes. Have a good muzzle brake installed on them and you should be able to get a really good view without getting smacked by the scope.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's what I was thinking. Optics are better (used to be a Swarovski Optics rep), and eye relief is not that great on the Burris IER scopes. Thanks.

robert a norwood

Posts: 34 | Location: virginia | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Add a brake and that gun will sit still

Posts: 4010 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Agreed, but loud!

robert a norwood

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
You should be wearing hearing protection anyways. So it doesn’t matter

Posts: 4010 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
70 yrs old, use earmuffs @ bench, but not always in the field. Hearing cells destroyed when younger, 155 mm artillery, ear infections as a child, etc. Had my first muzzle break on a Jarratt rifle and on one of his XP-100's(7mm08imp) in 1983. Only use them on big calibers now, e.g., 338 Lapua. 375 Cheytac, etc. I keep earplugs in my truck, and use muffs @ my range.

robert a norwood