Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith turn around time Login/Join 

posted
Anyone know a smith that don't take almost a year to build for you.
I have been told 1 month after reciving my parts , but I herd
That some one's been waiting 10 - 11 months already
Gre Tan is 18 months behind.
I wished I would have learned how to chamber and barrel
Plus the rest. Seems to be a high demand???

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7STDUBBERU
posted Hide Post
Gregg is worth the wait.

Shawn
------------------------------
Never Forget 9-11-01 GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!

HAVE PISTOL WILL TRAVEL

Posts: 3832 | Location: pinned down behind enemy lines by Tyrant Cuomo | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I try to keep everything under 12 weeks

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
I have a semi retired precision machinist as he likes to be called ,that will rebarrle a xp100 while you wait. It takes about 3 hours for him, has one lath that he only uses for cutting crowns.Has been shooting and barreling guns for bench rest guys for 30+ years. At 74 years old still does amazing work !

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 416 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain John:
I have a semi retired precision machinist as he likes to be called ,that will rebarrle a xp100 while you wait. It takes about 3 hours for him, has one lath that he only uses for cutting crowns.Has been shooting and barreling guns for bench rest guys for 30+ years. At 74 years old still does amazing work !

Thats a heck of a deal, take care of that guy!

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
Mike Deloach at nine gun run is about 3 months. Fantastic fella to deal with and very detail oriented.

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I try and get everything out within a couple weeks. A lot depends on my work schedule at my regular 40 at the PD.

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Michael is kinda of like Gregg Tannel (This is a good thing!).
quote:
Originally posted by bowstryder:
Mike Deloach at nine gun run is about 3 months. Fantastic fella to deal with and very detail oriented.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12181 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post