Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hidden Striker problem Login/Join 

Picture of chuck m
posted
While cleaning the cob webs out of the safe I found a long lost Striker 510 in 243. buried with the handgun cases.
The problem is that the bolt was stuck. I could not get the safety to release. So I removed the stock to see what the heck was wrong. I ended up backing off the trigger spring adjustment. Is it normal for the spring to change tension?

chuck m

------------------------------
It's hard to fly with the Eagles when you work with a bunch of Turkeys.

Posts: 1759 | Location: idaho | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
Well if it was put away cocked possibly. They are finicky when trying to reduce pull length or weight which can give you a locked up bolt, no safety function, firng pin following the bolt home. So if it was close to a problem setting wise, due to the trigger using the magazine box and the plastic stock -changes in the stock over time can give this effect ( plastic does shrink, creep, crawl- I've had warped OEM alternative material stocks brought to me for correction ,if possible, many times over the years).

Posts: 529 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post