Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New xp-100 Login/Join 

posted
Has anyone else ordered the ner XP-100 handgun barreled actions from PTG?
I ordered a 26 inch barrel action in 220 swift and a 10 inch barreled action in 223
Today I got the call that the rifle barreled action is ready to ship, the 10 inch 223 was what really excited me will let you know when it arrives

------------------------------
I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 757 | Location: Lake Erie's shore before the Great Black Swamp was drained | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just looked at the PTG web site and couldn't find an XP-100 listed. Where might it be?

Posts: 1 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: April 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I didn’t find it either!!

Posts: 1384 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I put that same 10" 223 along with a long barreled 22-250 in the cart just minutes after they posted. As I was getting ready to pay I started to think about PTG's past reputation and took them out.

Lets us know how you make out. The prices were dirt cheap.

Jon

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
https://pacifictoolandgauge.co...ent&id_attachment=57
Here is the link
Pacific tool and gauge called saying my swift rifle barreled action was ready to ship and that they have been slowly digging through 2000 barreled actions that have shown up in Oregon. They expressed displease with Remington about the lack of information on these when they purchased them and truth of that information. He told me my 220 swift would have one of their bolts in it as I purchased early on, the first day or so. And everyone was under the understanding that they would have Remington bolts in the action
Since they first posted these for sale they have offered them several different ways, one weekend they were selling them with no bolts at a deeply discounted price

Posts: 757 | Location: Lake Erie's shore before the Great Black Swamp was drained | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Buyer beware with PTG. After my last go round with them they will never see a dime from me. Im sure they make great products but I was lied to way too many times to ever do business with them again. It took months to receive a refund also and had to dispute charges with them. On top of all that , they wanted to charge me a restocking fee for something not ever in stock the whole time dealing with them.

Posts: 114 | Location: Ks | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XPjeff:
Buyer beware with PTG. After my last go round with them they will never see a dime from me. Im sure they make great products but I was lied to way too many times to ever do business with them again. It took months to receive a refund also and had to dispute charges with them. On top of all that , they wanted to charge me a restocking fee for something not ever in stock the whole time dealing with them.

This is my first experience with them, my dealings with them have been 100% positive so far. Stan is who I have been dealing with, seems to be a small place and he seems to be in charge of the over 2200 barreled actions they purchased and I reselling

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Ordered three barreled actions on Memorial Day. Got one yesterday. No bolt. Stan said he had opened 1500 boxes and so far no bolts from Remington.

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I thought about ordering but my previous experiences with PTG kept me from doing so. Pretty easy for them to blame Remington, but would you sell a gun that you just purchased sight unseen and haven't received? I wouldn't. And that's exactly what they did. The reason they didn't know what was included and what wasn't is they didn't have the guns! They are terrible to do business with. Sure you MAY have an order go ok, but if you keep giving them money you'll end up with horror stories.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator T/C:
Ordered three barreled actions on Memorial Day. Got one yesterday. No bolt. Stan said he had opened 1500 boxes and so far no bolts from Remington.

Brad

That holiday sal was a great price.

I wish they would hurry up and unboxed the handguns!

posted Hide Post
Picked up my 220 Swift rifle barreled action today
My 223 handgun is no where in sight
BUT
I am very happy with what I have received
Remember, the cost was $400.
26” stainless fluted barrel, stainless action, and fluted bolt

Not sure how to post pics

posted Hide Post
quote:

Brad

Sounds like a good way to sell PTG bolts.
Just saying.

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
quote:

Brad

Just saying.

Bruce

If you figure PGT gets $300 for a bolt…. That means I paid $100 for the barreled action

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hairtrigger:
quote:
quote:

Brad

Just saying.

Bruce

If you figure PGT gets $300 for a bolt…. That means I paid $100 for the barreled action

So did yours come with a PTG bolt or a Remington bolt? My comment was biased off of Gator's comment that his had "No bolt"

Bruce

Posts: 1091 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hairtrigger:
quote:
quote:

Brad

Just saying.

Bruce

So did yours come with a PTG bolt or a Remington bolt? My comment was biased off of Gator's comment that his had "No bolt"

Bruce

When they first put them up for sale the advertised barreled action with bolt the holiday sale they drop the price but said there was no bolt included. When I inquired about my order they told me that since it was sold with a bolt if the action did not have one they would include one of theirs. And that is exactly what they did
So now I have received half of my order. The tenants barrel handgun in 2 to 3 has yet to show up but at this point in time I am very pleased