Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker 22-250 input Login/Join 

posted
Just came home with a 516 in 22-250, couldnt leave it on a gunshow table for the price. Not a lot of use for the 22-250 in these parts so looking for input from others that have one. The good, the bad, even the ugly if it is there.Came with a Burris 7x handgun scope on it. Thanks for your time, Mark.

Posts: 62 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just rebarreled my Striker 7-08 to 22-250. The barrel was one I had cut to 15" and recrowned. With a load of 38 grains of H380 and. 55 grain V-max bullet a 3/4" group with a 7 x Simmons scope is the normal. I'm just learning to stretch out with a pistol. The recoil is very mild but the blast is not. I use ear plugs and muffs. I think you will like it, I usually shoot off a bipod with a small bag under the grip.
Handi204

Posts: 130 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had one in 22-250 and it shot in the .3's with handloads. Trigger isnt great but you can get it manageable. we killed pdogs with it out to 400yds.

Posts: 125 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I love my 22-250 516, I originally bought it just for the action as I was going to make it into a custom, but I just couldn't tear it apart because it shoots so good. With a 53gr Sierra Varminter over 8208XBR it shoots consistently in the .3's.

Posts: 1150 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JasonFord:
I had one in 22-250 and it shot in the .3's with handloads. Trigger isnt great but you can get it manageable. we killed pdogs with it out to 400yds.

I believe I sold Jason the pistol he mentioned ... I had the same experience.
I loaded 50gr. V-Max with Varget and it shot really well.
Lots of muzzle blast but I ran it with a rifle scope.

-Freeze

Posts: 327 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thank you for the input, took notes and will put it to use

Posts: 62 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post