Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 in the books Login/Join 

Picture of 7fingers
posted
2015 Long Range Matches are in the books. Finished first place in pistol class for the third year in a row with the third highest 5 score average for all shooters this year.

Phil Ruhl took 2nd place with his 7SAUM pistol and Alvin Taylor took 3rd with his 6x47 Lapua pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 7fingers,

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Kudo's! thumbup thumbup

Sonny

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 804 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great shooting thumbup
Congrats!

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great photo Randy. Congrats on your 1st place victory.

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats! What caliber is that beauty?

--------------------------------------------------
Southern Arizona FFL/SOT
quiettimesports@gmail.com

Posts: 546 | Location: SoAZ and SoIN | Registered: February 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Amazing shooting Congrats!!! Can you tell us about that good looking rig?

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
It's a 7Finger chassis, Savage Target Action, 6x47 Lapua 7 twist McGowen barrel, JP brake with a NF 15-55x52 Competition scope.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the info. Do you put weight in the frame or does the JP brake do enough?

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
The JP brake was enough but I did add a little weight.

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks good to know. I love those brakes have one on model 70 300 mag. I have seen impact in the scope without my off hand even being on the gun.

posted Hide Post
Randy, I hate to nit pick you for details but how long is your barrel without brake? Thanks

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
15-7/8 to be exact but I just tell everyone 16"

posted Hide Post
Well done sir! Heckuva' rig too!

Steve

Posts: 2643 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Way to go!! thumbup thumbup

Steve Smile
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I remember you posted a couple weeks ago and I'm curious, did you shoot Varget with the 105 Bergers?

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
No I use H4350 with 105 Bergers. I was curious if anyone else tried Varget with the 105s.