Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cyclops resurrected Login/Join 

posted
Cyclops has been resurrected in Georgia! I want to thank Cody for selling me the chassis for my first SP build. I have Contenders and custom sixguns and have wanted to build a bolt SP for a while. When I read Cody's build thread it motivated me to get off my duff and get going on it. I asked a few questions of Cody which he graciously answered. He mentioned wanting to go a different direction and asked if I would be interested in his Cyclops chassis - heck yeah!

To me 308 Win is the perfect chambering for what I want to use this SP for, so that's what I went with - not to mention that I have a crap ton of 308. I purchased a virgin Rem 700 short action and sent it to Joe Collier at Collier Rifles to true the action and bolt, install a 14" Shilen match barrel threaded for an APA Fat Bastard brake, cut the chamber, and apply black Cerakote.

I have my scope mount/rings being Cerakoted and will then mount my Leupold 4.5x14x50 VX-III - then it will be ready for the range!! I went with EGW steel base and medium height HD Tactical rings. I also used a Timney Calvin Elite drop in trigger set to 1.5 lbs. It should be a tack driver if I can do my part!

So, without further ado, here a couple of pics...more to come when it is finished and made a range trip.

CYCLOPS v2.0...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arokcrwlr,

-------------------
Kraig

Posts: 135 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
SOOOOO SWEET! Nicely done... Can't wait to see how she shoots!!!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!! I also bought one of Cody's frames, but I also got the rest of the pistol. I can tell you that it has been a blast to shoot! The accuracy has been better than I could have ever imagined. I also thank Cody for his help and generosity. Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing more from the range.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks sharp thumbup
Give us a range report once you shoot her Big Grin

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's so fine !

Posts: 131 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's a mean-looking SP! I'm sure it will perform.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AmmoHouse
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome!

------------------------------
USAF AMMO Retired!

I kill animals...I don't harvest them...I don't take a Combine hunting!!

Posts: 1588 | Location: from TEXAS...stationed in South Dakota | Registered: August 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

The guy that is doing the Cerakote on the base/rings has been out of town and/or otherwise unable to get to my small project (although I also dropped off a Glock slide). Sad He has promised to have it done this weekend, so the range trip has obviously been delayed. I have half a mind to skip it and move forward as I really wanted to spend Saturday on the range...but I'll remain patient however painful...

-------------------
Kraig

Posts: 135 | Location: Alabama | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Nice rig! thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 805 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post