Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker Wish List Login/Join 

posted
To avoid adding onto the optics post, I have had good luck with the .223 Striker.

Hand loads are small groups, I'm trying some 75gr Hornady this weekend and hopefully got the tall rings and Nikon rifle scope somewhat dialed in. Found some old bases in my parts jar and so far so good. Have some Sierra 69grHPBT but the loading manual says not for hunting loads?

I wish somebody made an aftermarket STREAMLINED stock for the Striker. Tinkerer did a good job with a wooden bench model. It would be great if there was a slim tapered one available for the field. Or even a remake in wood of the factory ones. I have never shot the thumbhole...would there be any available now?

If these 75gr loads work as well as the 69's I'll be very happy. Had an eye lens replaced last week and the world looks brand new and clear. I have to lean over and use that eye to sight without my glasses. Darn, turn 70 and everything fails!

BEST OF HOLIDAYS ALL! I hope all of you and your families have a wonderful season and upcoming year!

Posts: 272 | Location: the brushies | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Jim Rockwell does.

I have pictures of one on a finished custom on my website.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jim I see the stocks on your web site (very nice ones) for the XP. That dark red wood is very good combo? Went to Rockwell's site and yours, but see no Striker stocks mentioned.

I did a little shopping for myself yesterday. The two best stocked shops in the county had only one one-piece base for the old Savage 10 Striker action.

The shop always takes time to help its customers with small mods, don't always find that customer service now days. Ed switched over the old crappy bases for the new one and mounted a Nikon 3 x 12 with the sight picture my eyes can see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jtf,

Posts: 272 | Location: the brushies | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post