Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp100 stock Login/Join 

posted
Good day
I may be in need of a new stock for the xp100 I am building. My gunsmith thought he could build up the one I won last year but now is not sure if it will work and if he has time. I am needing a very wide forend because I have a very heavy barrel going into it. Any ideas where there might be one already built???
Thanks for now
Mike

nothing like leaving things to the last minute eh LOL

------------------------------
Enjoy your family and friends today as they may not be here tomorow.

Posts: 482 | Location: Manitoba | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Aaron on here makes a quality one from what I've been told... There is also McMillan for fiberglass or if you want it converted to a rear grip then you can go with a 7finger chassis.

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How heavy of a contour we talking here?

I have one of Aaron's stocks. My barrel is a Bartlein #4 that started life as a 29" blank.

It has a 1" neck just ahead of the 1.200" breach, then tapers to ~0.880" or so at the muzzle brake junction.

I'm pretty sure his stock will take up to a heavy varmint contour.

I'm aware of a couple XP's on here that have barrels close to, or at, 1" at the muzzle.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
My mcmillans will take a 1" barrel
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I left my barrel as a bull barrel and it measures 1.25".
I called McMillans and they said they didn't make a wide forend pistol stock.
I'll try and send Aaron a message.
Mike

Enjoy your family and friends today as they may not be here tomorow.

Posts: 482 | Location: Manitoba | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike, This might be kind of a long shot but stocks are a tough item and seem to take the longest. If you don't mind a wood laminate this guy has fast turn around and very reasonable prices. Glenn tipped me off to him. They are $225 bedded to your action but unfinished on the outside. Semi finished is $125. I had mine back in a couple weeks after I sent him my barreled action. Russo is sky high and most of the time won't even quote a delivery time. Being on the north side of the border might make it difficult. Good luck!!

http://royalarmsgunstocks.com/Custom-Gunstocks

Jon

Posts: 1612 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
I have done "full bull" on HS varmint stocks, Brown Precision, a Russo copy of the HS stock as well as Aaron's stock. Have not done full 1.25" on McMillan newer style stock. I have on the older McMillan style stock. These are centergrip style. The rear grip are much easier to do full bull but I prefer centergrip! Aaron's stock is my favorite. It has a longer forearm and is really rigid and stable. I have done a full length barrel bed using Devcon on the slimmer forearms and they still shoot very well NOT free floated!

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
The McMillan's will do a 1.250 barrel channel. My last build I ordered a Mcmillan with a 1.250" straight Barrel channel. My barrel is 1.125 which allows it to be free floated but there is still room in the stock. My next build will have a 1.200" bull barrel and will most likely sit in another McMillan. I spoke with Aaron about getting one of his stocks (he came up for my February silhouette match) and he told me he was about a year out. He makes a nice stock at a good price if you can wait. He also said it would get pretty thin on his stock with a 1.200" barrel.

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The McMillan will take a 1.2" tube. My XP has a Lilja fluted bbl that measures just over 1.2", I think it's actually 1.210" just ahead of the fore end.

Aaron ' s stocks will take a similar profile. I had one of his on my .300 WSM......

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Aye Mike,
Sent you a P.M. buddy

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post