Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newest Apache Machine creation Login/Join 

posted
Steve has done it again. I need to take pictures of the 6.5 Creedmoor that he delivered in October but these will have to do for today. This is a 284 Win with 15" fluted Krieger barrel plus the 3x3 brake that he fitted seamlessly. We also opted for the fluted PTG bolt. He installed the side bolt release as always and bedded as only he can the action into the McMillan Woodland Spectre stock. Steve drilled and tapped a 4th hole in the receiver and fitted a Badger base. Amazing work as always!! Thanks Steve!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zeus,

Posts: 518 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful work of art!!! thumbup

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Awesome! thumbup thumbup

Posts: 945 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing looking XP! Congrats!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Now that's a fine piece of machinery!

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice!

What is the barrel profile (or breech and muzzle diameter)?

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Dang! That's an awesome build!

Looks like I'm going to have to get him a ring when i'm ready to get my xp done...

mike

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19884 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Apache builds the finest thumbup thumbup thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. She's a beauty......one of my favorites. Zeus has another fresh build in 6.5 Creedy that's a looker also.

The barrel contour has became known here in the shop as the "Craft contour" as he and I came up with it a few years ago specifically for XP's with a 1.00" brake. It's 1.250" at the breech, then tapers to 1.100" at the neck, then tapers to .985" at 15" so a 1.00" brake can be blended.

SR
Apache Machine & Custom, LLC

Posts: 1106 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumbup

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9432 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apache308:
Thanks guys. She's a beauty......one of my favorites. Zeus has another fresh build in 6.5 Creedy that's a looker also.

The barrel contour has became known here in the shop as the "Craft contour" as he and I came up with it a few years ago specifically for XP's with a 1.00" brake. It's 1.250" at the breech, then tapers to 1.100" at the neck, then tapers to .985" at 15" so a 1.00" brake can be blended.

SR
Apache Machine & Custom, LLC

Thank you Steve.

-Freeze

Posts: 376 | Location: SW PA | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is a flawless work of art!I will have to have one built as soon as I can decide on the caliber.Bet it shoots great too.
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 633 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, how's it shoot?

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Haven’t had time to shoot this one yet. The 6.5 CM is a one hole gun at 100 as expected. I’ve shot it to 300 so far with exceptional groups but haven’t spent much time with it due to schedule and weather this Winter. Only load I have tried in 6.5 is a 140 Hybrid. It really liked it. I did figure out that I need to work with shooting from the bipod as I got some vertical stringing of about 1/2” or so at 200 yards. When I bagged it at 100, it was amazing. I would love to see Leupold come out with a 12x or so handgun scope to use as their glass is much clearer to my eyes than Burris by far. I don’t care for riflescopes on my handguns just from a size perspective and aesthetics but I can see where they would be nice while working up loads to really take as much visual error from the shooting as you could. All of my Apache guns shoot better than I can. I’ve been very fortunate to own quite a few of Steve’s creations. He also built my ELR rifle which is a work of art but on the other end of the spectrum than the XPs.

Look to get this one out soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zeus,

Posts: 518 | Location: Olathe, KS | Registered: August 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumbup Can't wait to see some groups. popcorn

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Awesome looking XP

Posts: 2063 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's a beauty as are all of the ones I've seen from Apache.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are making ME wish I could go back to work. So Icould afford to buy one of those beauties.

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
Wow. That looks awesome. Does your 6.5 Creedmoor have a brake? I really like that round and may build up my extra XP into one, but I can't stand a brake.

Mike

Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My 6.5 is same exact build as this but in an HS stock painted three color desert. The brake on that round isn’t obnoxious and the recoil is pretty much non existent. It’s extremely fun to shoot.

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
I like that contour Big Grin
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 806 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another amazing build by Steve. Love my 6.5.

Posts: 30 | Location: clancy, mt | Registered: May 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post