Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp 100 Safe Storage Login/Join 

posted
How do you guys store you xp 100's or other SP's in your safe. Especially those with rifle scopes. I only have 3 and didn't have much problem until tonight. I put the Leupold rifle scope on the xp 100r and went to put it back in the safe. It seemed it was either prop it on the ocular bell of the scope or the muzzle brake. The other two bolt sp's have bipods and I extend them and put them down and the grip up. With the pistol scope on the rear grip xpr I could put it grip down and the scope didn't touch anything. How do you do it.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Get a bigger safe. You can always use more room.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sawfish:
Get a bigger safe. You can always use more room.

While this is definitely true it still only leaves three options that I can see. Stand it on the muzzle. Stand it on the scope bell OR build a rack for the safe designed for SP's

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Stand it on the muzzle with a pad to protect the muzzle. Standing it on the scope bell goes against the grain for me. If you have room for the rack, and the time to build it, so much the better.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
build a rack for the safe designed for SP's

I would like to see what some of you have built. Please post some pictures. Jack

Posts: 159 | Location: Washington State | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just pile them in. Except for the 34# one. It sits on the bottom....

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:

Aaron

LMAO....classic

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

Aaron

Lol! I've seen that pig!! You mean it fits in the safe Aaron? Lol

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sawfish:
Stand it on the muzzle with a pad to protect the muzzle. Standing it on the scope bell goes against the grain for me. If you have room for the rack, and the time to build it, so much the better.

Agreed! I would have to get a new safe to have room for a rack.

Bruce

posted Hide Post
quote:

Aaron

Aaron with all of yours you must have to plan ahead about a week to shoot the 34#er just to be able to get it out.

Bruce

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
I got another safe and set it up for big pistols.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
once the handgun collection gets over the 100 mark....you just secure a room and ditch the safe Troll

Posts: 4009 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
quote:

Aaron

Aaron with all of yours you must have to plan ahead about a week to shoot the 34#er just to be able to get it out.

Bruce

Honestly not really a problem. I don't have that many xp receivers. All of them except one are switch barrels. Do have quite a pile of barrels sitting on a shelf though.... I've thought about building a rack to hold them, but it seems like other stuff takes up my time.

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly not really a problem. I don't have that many xp receivers. All of them except one are switch barrels. Do have quite a pile of barrels sitting on a shelf though.... I've thought about building a rack to hold them, but it seems like other stuff takes up my time.Aaron

Aaron, You need help storing some of those barrels? I'm sure some can be head spaced to other actions without any problems Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Bruce
I have 7 SP's and all I did was machine two wood blocks. They are 24 inches long, 6 inches high. I machined 4 slots in each. All 2 inches deep and varying widths. I then covered them in felt. This allows all the pistols to stand upright. I have them all pointing towards each other on one shelf of my safe. Now to fill that eight spot!
Derek >>>------------>

Posts: 901 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arrowflinger , Wood love to see pics of the blocks you made . Thanks Pat

Posts: 83 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
Arrowflinger , Wood love to see pics of the blocks you made . Thanks Pat

So would I but from what I envision from the description I don't think I will have room for it but maybe I'm wrong.

Bruce

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
I will try and post tonight. Derek

Posts: 901 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
You are all missing the point.....They will all fit in MY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise I wil shoot the crap out of them, no charge.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
You are all missing the point.....They will all fit in MY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise I wil shoot the crap out of them, no charge.

Ah! I didn't say they wouldn't fit in my safe (they are there now)only that I didn't think they would fit the way the blocks were described. Thanks very much for the kind offer to look after them and treat them kindly though. thumbup

Bruce

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Or instead of all that work, you can just buy a W-GEAR rear rest bag and use it as a pillow for each of your SP's to keep the scopes off the floor.

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXBRASS:
Or instead of all that work, you can just buy a W-GEAR rear rest bag and use it as a pillow for each of your SP's to keep the scopes off the floor.

Cody I had thought of something similar but have to admit I hadn't thought of using the rear rest bag. I do have one of each size already. Good products.

Bruce

posted Hide Post
Arrowflinger , You could send me pictures by e-mail or text if you get time . walker.pat@Hotmail.com or text 740-258-3931 Thanks Pat

Posts: 83 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Check with niteman hammer nuts laughhe has a method of stacking bolt

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hoggin:
once the handgun collection gets over the 100 mark....you just secure a room and ditch the safe Troll
I still have the safe for the expensive stuff.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Check with niteman he has a method of stacking

Tom I believed they call that "Cramming" devil

Rick

Posts: 3534 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I put mine resting on the muzzle with a slight to lean in on the back wall of the safe. That way all the weight is on the muzzle and none on the scope.

Posts: 51 | Location: South West Idaho | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have all of mine in soft cases-lay them flat on a shelf that runs the width of the safe and stack them on top of each other. Easy and works well for XP-100's Contenders, Strikers and Exemplars. Been doing this for years with no damage.

Posts: 21 | Location: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: December 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
I use Vidmar steel cabinets super strong and dual locking system . Can disguise them to no look like gun cabinets
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I re-read this thread and realized I never mentioned what I am actually doing. The contenders hang in the door rack. Then I have 1 striker, 2 xp 100's and I count my Ruger charger since is has to store about the same. The striker, Charger and the center grip xp have bipods and I extend the legs past the muzzle and stand them on the legs. The xp100r doesn't have a bipod and I lay it across the shelf although it barely fits.

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BruceP,