Specialty Pistols
My Friend Feets

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/4230077596

October 31, 2019, 06:00 PM
tinkerer
My Friend Feets
Did not know where to put this.

Over the years, I have enlisted the expertise of my friend, Feets, aka Kevin Alexander. I have NEVER met anyone with his expertise at machining. He could take what I said and turn it into metal shavings.

We recently completed the prototype of the Striker mid grip alloy chassis. He made it fit, drop in, fitted the AR15 grip (no mean feat), and blended it into a smooth finished product. The fact that no one wants such a product does not detract from his expert work.

And this is just one of several projects he made happen.

So, if you're looking for an expert machinist, he's the man.

Larry
Tinkerer
October 31, 2019, 07:22 PM
LoneStar
Pics or it didn’t happen.....

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith
November 10, 2019, 11:18 AM
bowhntr/convert
Pics of this would be greatly appreciated!!
November 10, 2019, 11:41 PM
tinkerer
I have no way to post pics anymore. The alloy prototype was just sent to its new owner. I am out of the Strikers due to failing health.

If someone needs a pics, email me and I'll be glad to send you one.

Larry
Tinkerer
April 06, 2020, 10:55 PM
feets
I just stumbled across this post.
I feel a bit bad about it, too. The stock project was Larry's dream but it was hard for us to get together on it with him living an hour and a half away. As the stock was nearing completion I was busy starting up my own machine shop and had a massive project ahead of me.

We got the stock finished. Due to the height of the magazine the stock came out looking a bit thick. The top of it stops at the barrel centerline and a couple spots in the bottom are less than 1/8" thick.
As a first attempt at designing something like this I think it turned out well enough. I have a photo but do not have a good way to share it.

I will try to contact Larry to get an update on his battle with the big C.