Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP100 base options? Login/Join 

posted
I recently picked up an XP100 in 7mm TCU, and currently using a Weaver 2-8x scope mounted in a Leupold dual dovetail base set. I like everything about the setup, except the eye relief. Because of the mid grip, I have a hard time really getting far enough back for the scope. I don't have this issue with any of my Contenders, and its due simply to the rearward location of the scope over the receiver.

Question is, what are my options to move the scope farther forward? I have a set of extended rings, but they won't move the scope enough. I've also found a couple sets of picatinny style bases made for the XP100, but not sure they extend far enough, either.

Suggestions?

Posts: 64 | Location: Middle GA | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Redfield I believe made a XP100 extended scope ring base that extended beyond the receiver cantilever style. I’m not sure if they still offer it, but you mite find one on some gun auction websites. As an image search I found images of the scope base and an picatinny cantilever style but no descriptions. Someone eles here should know.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 144 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here are a few pics of the pistol...

Posts: 64 | Location: Middle GA | Registered: October 16, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
The EGW 3 hole base and Burris signature rings will let you move the scope forward and have a full field of view and be comfortable. If that's still not far enough they used to make a mount ( I may have one) that extended about 2" to 3" over the barrel but I don't think you will need it.

Rick

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Leupold makes a picatinny type base, but with the wider slots that a weaver setup needs. Amazon offers a variety of rings including offset rings to fit.

Posts: 23 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
I have a new unused EGW that has an access hole machined in so you can remove the rear action screw without removing the scope base. The base was then Cerakoted in matte black. This base is the XP-100 0 moa. model. My email is in my profile if you think you would like to purchase this from me.

Posts: 938 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ken Farrell Industries makes a scope base for the XP-100 that extends forward by 2” and allows scope to be set perfectly for eye relief for pistol scopes.

That’s what I use on my XP-100’s.

https://www.kenfarrell.com/ind...20_27&product_id=298

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I found a standard Weaver base that I am going to try, although it may require me setting it up in the mill and milling a couple extra cross slots...the current slots aren't quite in the optimal position.

posted Hide Post
Scope base was a bust.

I picked up a Weaver 48070 base, which is a 1pc base marked "70". I'm not sure if there were different style receivers, but this one is completely flat on the bottom from front to rear....its not "stepped" like all the Model 7 actions I'm familiar with where the rear portion of the receiver sits lower than front.

Were there XP100 receivers where the rear portion of the receiver was level with the front?

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
The 48070 uses a small piece that fits under the rear and a longer screw in back sandwiches this piece in. Yours must be missing.

Brad

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1242 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah, sounds like yours is missing the spacer for the rear of the base.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Rifle scope and muzzle brake.

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No brakes, last thing I want is for it to be louder!

Picture of RICHP
posted Hide Post
You might look for a Redfield JR-600. They were made for the Rem. 600 rifle but work on xp,s. They did some they call JR-600 magnum that were longer.

---------------
love those .41 mags.

Posts: 187 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: November 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Just go with the EGW base. It will solve all your issues and give you multiple mounting placement options for the scope.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post