Specialty Pistols
Weatherby CFP?

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/4030036186

February 02, 2016, 08:18 PM
86alaskan
Weatherby CFP?
So, i seem to have stumbled upon another SP. seems weatherby made one for a while. So what's the deal? anyone have one and if so, how is it? can you still find them or are they are rarity?
February 02, 2016, 08:31 PM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
I don't believe they are being made currently.

They weren't noted for being accurate.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

February 02, 2016, 10:50 PM
Leupold Man
As with most Weatherby products the pistols they made are quality. You will not go wrong with using any of these. I also don't believe they are making them now. You can find them around. Good luck and let us know if you pick one up.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
February 02, 2016, 11:00 PM
Nitemann
They made the first version Weatherby CFP (center fire pistol)with a laminated or black HS stock and stainless fluted barrel. They brought them out again as the Weatherby CFP (compact firing platform) with a tan Bell and Carlson stock and matte fluted barrel. They are no longer in production and the cost was/is pretty steep which is what I believe doomed them. They are not a target pistol but they are a solid hunting gun if 1.5" groups will work for you. If it's priced right, go for it you'll always be able to get your money back. I have 3 of the early production models in 243, 7-08 and 308. They all shoot as good as most of todays hunting rifles but no where as good as my XP's.

Rick
February 03, 2016, 06:12 AM
IKE
I bought one in 7mm-08 when they first came out and I never could make it shoot 100 yd. groups as good as my XP's, or my Contenders either for that matter.....it went down the road.

Vietnam veteran.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
IHMSA # 48226.
February 03, 2016, 11:26 AM
Sawfish
I have heard complaints about CFP accuracy before. Weatherby's standard accuracy guarantee applies to the CFP, but none of the complainers that I contacted had ever raised the complaint with Weatherby. scratch head I always felt that it was a marketing error for Weatherby to offer the CFP in the same .308 family of cartridges that was offered in the Savage Striker,XP-100, Lone Eagle, etc.. It seems to me that offering the CFP in some Weatherby unique cartridges i.e. .257 Weatherby; Ackley Improved cartridges, etc.; or something completely different, would have added more appeal to a quality pistol.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling
February 03, 2016, 02:26 PM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
I know where one is at... Even bought a raffle ticket pertaining to it...

Maybe I'll get lucky with my $5 ticket.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

February 03, 2016, 04:11 PM
Sawfish
Sounds like a good investment!

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling
February 03, 2016, 05:05 PM
Nitemann
One thing I've noticed on the CFP's is that they shoot best with heavier bullets and mid range(slower)velocity loads. When you try to push them up to max loads the groups really open up but speed isn't everything.

Rick
February 03, 2016, 06:35 PM
TXBRASS
Can we see a pic?

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -
February 04, 2016, 11:59 PM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
You asking me for a pic? I only have a raffle ticket... Not sure you'd want to see a pic of that.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

February 06, 2016, 08:17 AM
TXBRASS
??? No....asking the OP for a pic of the Weatherby SP he posted about....

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -
February 06, 2016, 08:21 AM
ksmuleman
There is 2 or 3 of these brand new at a gun store in central ks.Never looked at them very close.Was thinking around a thousand give or take a little,have had them a very long time..243 and .308 if I remember correctly.
February 06, 2016, 10:02 AM
Leupold Man
If they have been sitting there for a long time they may take a lessor offer.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member