Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dell triggers Login/Join 

posted
Dose any here have a Dell mid grip XP trigger, and what do you think about it. I talked to Mr.Dell, who is very nice guy to talk about guns in general with, discussed buying one of his triggers.

I’m thinking of building a mid grip bolt pistol with a Remington 700 short single shot SS receiver. As for the particulars of the build;
*7IMSA or 7-08.
*Kriger barrel 5R. Order a 34-35” barrel that I’ll cut in half to make two 15” barrels.
*In the process of designing a mold to make my own mid grip stock. (If that turns out well, I’ll design a rear grip also.

Any way, thoughts on Dell triggers.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hi Peter,
I have a couple of them. Both 5oz mid on my 20 Vartarg and the other on my 6BR. They are very crisp. No creep and I couldn't be happier with them.
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 901 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
As Derek stated great trigger but remember no option for a safety if that's an issue for you.

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have three there the best , no safety but not and issue for me .

Posts: 83 | Location: Newark | Registered: October 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No safety would not be to much of a problem, but if I stack/still hunt it will require me carry the pistol barrel down with bolt unlocked, but then again I have hunted with bolt rifles with a Jewel no safety trigger before.

As a side note. Mr.Dell and I did talk about a trigger he is building for a customer who wants a safety of which he is trying hash out a design.

Also. The Remington 700 single shot SS receiver is from Buds gun shop. $323 clams. I have worked as a machinist and have a lath so blue printing the action if need be and I used to work for an AR10/15 mail order company and I machined the AR10 barrels which were Kriger rifled blanks.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hard to beat those 700 receivers for 323 delivered to your FFL. Plus 200 for a Jewell trigger. Not sure how much a guy can reduce the trigger pull on the trigger that comes with the Remington actions with a spring kit. Now if 9 more guys come forward for a rear grip McMillan stock. Guess I should have ordered two of them the first go around, I think McMillan is done with them.

Posts: 1611 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
I have several triggers from Dell, their fantastic! Been shooting one of them for 25+ years. You’ll not regret buying it

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 416 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
anyone have contact information?

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Dell Taylor
801-566-2939

Posts: 901 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arrowfliner;

Called and talked to Mr.Dell last Thursday. Nice guy to talk to about guns. He and I talked for about a hour with about 5 minuets devoted to his XP trigger. He shoots IHMSA something I did years ago.

Peter Resetz

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Very nice guy. I tried over and over to have him make a Striker trigger and he said. "No interest" Love the ones I have though.
Derek