Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New stock options Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
Jim Rockwell who is also a member here started making rear grip stocks earlier this year and is working on center grips. He mainly advertises on social media. But here is a pic of one just finished.

First 3 down the tube with factory ammo...and going to it’s new home.

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of greenhornet-1
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 478 | Location: appomattox va | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I saw a few of these at wyshot this year. Quality stocks!
Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looks good. Does he make them for the XP100R?

Bruce

Posts: 1094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
Looks good. Does he make them for the XP100R?

Bruce

Yup. Even detachable mags

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Longer a Member of SP

posted Hide Post
Wow...that's sweet! I like the looks of it.

When I first started shooting XPs back in the 80s, I ordered a semi-insetted Fajen that was supposed be be a relatively simple "fit and finish." The stock was beautiful, but the interior was barely touched -- and it took me FOREVER to get that thing done. I was too naive to realize that it must have slipped through the cracks, so to speak, and that I should have sent it back. I liked the looks of it and wanted to keep it for my 6mm-.223 as I wasn't enthused about that Zytel stock. Anyway, with a dremel tool, a rasp and some borrowed woodworking tools, I finally butchered that stock enough to work.

The next one I bought was at a gunshow -- and that's when I learned what semi-inletted should actually look like LOL. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bobby Tomek,

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Jim is a good man and he does good work!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Great looking stock seems to work well also.

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What is the contact info for Jim?

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Jim Rockwell 810-845-4543
jroc3099@yahoo.com

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post