Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a 22 hornet XP? Login/Join 

posted
I have an xp-100 that I have been holding onto for a project. I've also always liked the 22 hornet but until today never really thought about it in the xp. Pacific Tool makes a remington bolt with a hornet boltface. So, is it possible to get a tiny hornet case to feed from the single shot trough?

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Rimmed cases can pose a feeding issue.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Years ago someone posted one on here they had built. Don't remember for sure who it was. If I remember correctly it shot pretty good.

Edit, it was Bruce aka XP-100. See link to post.
22 Hornet XP-100

Rick

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
An easier, but less unique, option is the original XP chambering, the .221 Fireball.

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Yes, I am thinking about the 221 or maybe the 222 but would really like the hornet if it could be made to work.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
PTG will make you a bolt

Posts: 495 | Location: Maryland  | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35isit
posted Hide Post
If a guy was really lucky he could find one of the Anschutz pistols built in 22 Hornet.

Greg
Life Member NRA
7/27/2010 80x80

Posts: 1164 | Location: CENTRAL KY | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post