Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some help. Competitor corp Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
Well today I had the pleasure of having a customer drop off a competitor pistol. Wait it gets better.

A local gun plumber had it for 5+ years and never fixed it. I have a box full of parts.

I have never had one of these in my shop before. So I'm looking at this box of parts scratching my head punch

Anyone have an exploded view.....wait I have that in this box....Nevermind. That's what it looks like if you just throw the parts in a box! peed

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
They're still in business the last I knew. If you contact them, do so with low expectations and everything will go well.

http://competitor-pistol.com/

I liked the concept of the pistol and promoted it. They made me regret it.

Good luck!

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19864 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There web site has an exploded view you can download. There service is slow as hell but they do answer the phone.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
The heck with it. They can fix it.

I hate messing with something someone else has.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Well I called.....to sum up my feelings I told the customer to come pick it up.

Picture of BobM
posted Hide Post
I was the purchaser of the LAST Competitor pistol that was built. I was told that they were no longer going to do any "factory service". It was stated that service by a gunsmith would be the only means of repair. I was also told that the business was in the process of being sold. They had "parts kits" for specific pistols available. They also had some barrels. I haven't persued getting my "parts kit". Here is a pdf of the manual with "exploded drawing".
Competitor pistol manual

Posts: 342 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The link for the Competitor pistol manual has gone stale. I realize this is an old thread, but I wondered if perhaps BobM or anyone else might have this manual available for download. I have 1 complete pistol in 9mm, one barrelled action in .223 and a spare barrel in 357 Max. I think they're a pretty cool pistol, but barrels seem to be very hard to find. I guess everyone who has one holds tight to their barrels.

Posts: 1 | Location: NH | Registered: April 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi Brian, I have a manual that you can copy. I have 3 competitors and a bunch of barrels as well. Shoot me an email, I also live in Rindge N.H. regards, terry.

Posts: 191 | Location: rindge, new hampshire | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
I've got a Competitor manual in pdf. Shoot me an email and I'll reply with a copy of what I have attached.
I'm looking for an exploded drawing of it's predecessor the SSP. I've got 2 SSP-91's and one needs disassembly for an action cleaning.
Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post