Specialty Pistols
Need some help. Competitor corp

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/3840030476

October 22, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hoggin
Need some help. Competitor corp
Well today I had the pleasure of having a customer drop off a competitor pistol. Wait it gets better.

A local gun plumber had it for 5+ years and never fixed it. I have a box full of parts.

I have never had one of these in my shop before. So I'm looking at this box of parts scratching my head punch

Anyone have an exploded view.....wait I have that in this box....Nevermind. That's what it looks like if you just throw the parts in a box! peed
October 22, 2014, 07:19 PM
Magnum Mike
They're still in business the last I knew. If you contact them, do so with low expectations and everything will go well.

http://competitor-pistol.com/

I liked the concept of the pistol and promoted it. They made me regret it.

Good luck!

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

October 22, 2014, 07:27 PM
junebug
There web site has an exploded view you can download. There service is slow as hell but they do answer the phone.
October 22, 2014, 08:33 PM
Hoggin
The heck with it. They can fix it.

I hate messing with something someone else has.
October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hoggin
Well I called.....to sum up my feelings I told the customer to come pick it up.
October 25, 2014, 04:31 PM
BobM
I was the purchaser of the LAST Competitor pistol that was built. I was told that they were no longer going to do any "factory service". It was stated that service by a gunsmith would be the only means of repair. I was also told that the business was in the process of being sold. They had "parts kits" for specific pistols available. They also had some barrels. I haven't persued getting my "parts kit". Here is a pdf of the manual with "exploded drawing".
Competitor pistol manual
April 19, 2021, 12:49 AM
brian1
The link for the Competitor pistol manual has gone stale. I realize this is an old thread, but I wondered if perhaps BobM or anyone else might have this manual available for download. I have 1 complete pistol in 9mm, one barrelled action in .223 and a spare barrel in 357 Max. I think they're a pretty cool pistol, but barrels seem to be very hard to find. I guess everyone who has one holds tight to their barrels.
May 10, 2021, 03:08 PM
nhsuper44
Hi Brian, I have a manual that you can copy. I have 3 competitors and a bunch of barrels as well. Shoot me an email, I also live in Rindge N.H. regards, terry.
May 12, 2021, 02:32 PM
Knucklehead 61
I've got a Competitor manual in pdf. Shoot me an email and I'll reply with a copy of what I have attached.
I'm looking for an exploded drawing of it's predecessor the SSP. I've got 2 SSP-91's and one needs disassembly for an action cleaning.
Smile