Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 SP ? Login/Join 

posted
I'm wanting to build a SP using a new 700 single shot action . What are the legalities ? Barrel length ? Overall length ? I live in GA so there shouldn't be anything but Federal regulations .

Posts: 113 | Location: Ellijay GA | Registered: June 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of blades
posted Hide Post
first hurdle is the action u have designated or undesignated. If undesignated clear sailing- if designated as a rifle- that makes for a problems building it as a pistol. I do not know what kind of hoops one has to jump through to change designation. rules are you can convert a pistol action to rifle and back again. but once designated as a rifle it can not legally be made into a pistol.

Posts: 531 | Location: WI | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I haven't bought the action yet . How do I know designation of the action ?

Posts: 113 | Location: Ellijay GA | Registered: June 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of HotRodAl
posted Hide Post
If you purchase new action only it is not designated therefor you can build it anyway you choose and there is no minimum or maximum barrel length or overall length required.

Remington offers a single shot action just for such a build.

Albert
------------------------------
Life Member NRA
Navy Submarine Veteran

Posts: 10773 | Location: Kenova, WV, USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks . I'm planning on buying a new action .