Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp 100 screw thread info & photo Login/Join 

Picture of McClura
posted
What is the thread size on the front receiver screw to hold in stock?
Here is the XP with stock I've had for several years waiting on an action.
7-08, 15" barrel. No name on barrel. Stock is light tan with black drizzle.

Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: McClura,

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
1/4 28

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was putting a Aaron Stock on a XP action I had picked up with a like new 7-08 stainless barrel and action job and the bolt that came out of an old Brown stock was not long enough. Went to Ace Hardware and found some 1/4x28x 1.5". The Allen cap bolt fit perfect with threads just to the barrel inside the action. I measured twice on the threads with white out correction fluid to make sure I was getting all the threads I could in the action.
It is ready for a scope now.

Mike

: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
thumbup

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 805 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a 7-08! Beautiful gun!

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 606 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rig. Congrats!!!!

Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good looking gun, Mike. You're gonna like the 7-08. Mine is one of my favorite guns. It's done well w/ every bullet I've tried so far (120 gr Sierra spire point, 120 gr NBT, 120 gr Barnes TTSX, 130 gr Speer BTSP, 130 gr Speer flat base and 140 gr NBT). Keep us updated.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post