Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory 7mm08 Xp100? Login/Join 

posted
A local guy is selling what he says is a factory original Xp100 chambered in 7mm08, has the zytel stock and skinny bbl, he says it's not a 7mmbr rechamber, is this rare?

Posts: 249 | Location: Western PA | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think (dangerous for an old man) that the only XP-100s in 7-08 that Remington produced came out of their custom shop. I don't think the custom shop put out any XPs in plastic stocks either.

Gordon

Posts: 141 | Location: SW Ala | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it has been rechambered or rebarreled

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12168 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The custom shop barrels were stamped differently than the regular production line XP barrels. If it is a rechamber from a 7BR you will see 7BR stamped on the barrel even if its xxs out or stamped over. I don't remember a plastic stocked regular production 7mm 08.

Jon

Posts: 1600 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Too, I don’t believe that a normal 7-08 reamer will clean up a 7 BR chamber, that’s one reason Gates came out with the IHMSA cartridges with less body taper. The OP’s prospective pistol sounds….sketchy to me. He needs to ask for more details and more photos.

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 976 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I guess it could be a custom shop rig that someone put into a zytel stock. Some close-up photos will help us ID it for you.

Posts: 4730 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Marking looks odd

Posts: 249 | Location: Western PA | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
It's not a custom shop barrel. Can't see all the wording but if it's states Remington in front of the "in USA" it could possibly be a 7mm-08 rifle barrel take off that was shortened and installed on the action. I have several i've done that to. Need to see if the barrel in front of the action to see the barrel/chamber profile in order to tell if it's a rechamber.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nitemann,

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
It looks like a factory contour but never seen any marking like that on an XP. Any markings on the barrel if you pull it out of the stock?

Posts: 3519 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's the only bbl pics I have, I'm gonna pass on it, too sketchy.

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
If the price is right and it shoots I would buy it. You can always use the action for a custom build down the road if it's not what you want.