Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Addition Login/Join 

Picture of Nitemann
posted
Picked this up out of the classifieds last month. Belonged to Rupe/PA and his son wanted it to have a good home so it came to AZ to bask in the sunshine. Never thought I would like a benchrest XP but its growing on me fast. 22BR and first 5 shot group without any load development.

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Other side, weighs 18 lbs as pictured.

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Morning groups.

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice one, you have to enjoy the accurate shooting.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new addition. Nice looking rig. Shoots good too. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rick that's another nice one added to your collection. Thanks for sharing the pics with us guys and the weight.

Jon

Posts: 1627 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new gun. Sweet gun and group!!

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 628 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice! Must has a bunch of lead in the stock to get it up to 18#

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must has a bunch of lead in the stock to get it up to 18#

Stock weighs 10 lbs by itself. Sure it has lead in it. Chuck said it was heavy but I thought he was exaggerating just a little, he wasn't.

posted Hide Post
NICE find
I like that alot
Why n 135?
Did you try any other powders?
1/14 Twist?

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a shooter Congrats!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting and a nice XP Rick!

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why n 135?Did you try any other powders?1/14 Twist?

Dan I just threw 20 rounds together to get it sighted in and see that it functioned correctly and if had any potential. Yes, 14 twist. I plan on trying Benchmark first when I start load development. Do you have any suggestions?

Rick

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Nice grab Rick! I got the 250 savage ai.

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 816 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got the 250 savage ai.

I wanted that one too but I emailed him while you were on the phone with him. I bet it's sweet too.

Rick

posted Hide Post
Page From Berger Book

I have tried H322, Benchmark and Varget and V133
Varget was awesome
I use V 133 because I have so much from my BR gun, can not remember load
I re chambered my Pistol to 6BR
22BR did not do well at 200 Yards

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Hey all,
Nice looking gun shoots well too!!
My 22BR 1-14 likes 40gr pills ( Barnes,Nosler,Sierra,Hornady ) The Sierra so far hold a slight edge. The best powder has been W748. It shoots sub 1/2 MOA @ 100. Now if they would just open the ranges so I can go shoot!!
dEREK >>>---------->

Posts: 910 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Derek my range is open but only every other bench.

Rick

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
looks and shoots great! Nice snag Rick!

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3518 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looking and shooting great.

Posts: 469 | Location: Central east coast Florida.  | Registered: November 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rig

Posts: 60 | Location: Az | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Nitemann. thumbup I'm sure you'll enjoy shooting your 22 BR. I've been shooting one for 25 years. Mine's been very accurate and is not the least bit choosey about powders or bullets. Having said that, my favorite powder all these years has been Vihtavuori N130. From an accuracy and velocity standpoint it shot just as well as a number of other powders. The main that set it apart was the fact that loads shot w/ it were noticeably milder than w/ other powders. Unfortunately, Vihtavuori has changed their formation of N130 (and N133 as well) so that it now has just as much muzzle flash & blast as other powders when shot in a 15" barrel. Hence, I'm in the process of opening "auctions" for a new powder.
6 BR (left) and 22 BR (right)

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post