Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker Alloy Mid Grip Chassis Login/Join 

posted
OK, we've been talking about this for about a year. A collaborative effort of myself and Feets (Kevin). He is an impressive machinist and has over 100 hours in the prototype. Chassis is 100% 6061 structural aluminum and uses AR-15 grips, totally modular and drop in fit.

So, if you're interested, I need responses from members who will commit. The more, the better price I can get from the CNC Shop. i will firm up the member price as soon as i get the first pass from the shop and a preliminary headcount.

Oh, and a quick aside, Apparently Joel Russo has decided to get out of the custom pistol stock game and I appear to be the only one making custom Striker stocks anymore, if interested.

See pics attached.

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OK, help me out here.

Is there no desire for a mid grip Striker chassis? Only 106 views in a week? Am I on the wrong trail, maybe about Strikers at all?

If no one is interested, I'll take down the post and get out of this idea. Thought there might be a little interest in a Striker stock, but I could also be wrong.

Someone reply so I have some idea what to do. We have a lot of time and money invested, and really don't want to continue down this road if it's a dead end.

Larry
Tinkerer

Posts: 1259 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: November 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Here is all I can tell you.

If I flip through the last years log books only 1 stiker has come in for custom work.

50+ other bolt action receivers have.

Posts: 4013 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Larry,
You might have more interest if it was cleaned up and slimmed down. Look at the Nosler chassis. Your project is very square and blocky looking. I believe part of the turn off to the Savage Striker was its huge stock and of course the bad trigger. If you could slim it down. Give it a modern look. Put some large radius here and there and lighten the look up. I think you might be onto something.
Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth. I applaud the effort.
Derek >>>---------->

Posts: 908 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Noted. Right now its only wide enough to accommodate the action.

We rounded it everywhere we could, but under the action is barely deep enough for the action, and we could only radius it 1/16".

Under the barrel its radiused 1/2".

I guess the next stage is to start removing metal under the barrel. We thought you might want it flat and radiused to use for bag riding or bipod attachment for hunting.

I would post more pics, but tinypic is closing. Wish I could direct post pics.

OK, we'll start carving.

Larry
Tinkerer

posted Hide Post
Larry,
Sent an e-mail to your addy on here, but haven't heard back.
I agree with arrow, I'm interested to see what comes forth on this project.
Side Note !
Joel will build rear grip stocks, however him and Curtis are no longer together.
His New Actions are called Terminus - has 3 different available, 4 th is coming in Sept.
E-mail me with your # and best time to call ya.

Paul

Posts: 25 | Location:  | Registered: February 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry, won't let me.

I can be reached at

safetypro10atmsndotcom

call me at

two1four2eight91fiftyfive2

Larry
Tinkerer

posted Hide Post
Do you have a rough cost figured out larry? That may or may not help gauge interest

Posts: 202 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am going to give my opinion and hope it doesn't get taken as negative criticism. If the stock could be made slimmer like an xp100 stock in the forend it would look better to my eye. I like my striker but it is much more bulky than my xps. So the xps get used more often. I even like the nosler looks better than my striker though I haven't held one in hand.

Mike

Posts: 128 | Location: Petoskey, MI | Registered: April 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OK, everyone wants it narrower, but its only about 20 thousandths thick on each side. Same goes for barrel channel. That's a HV barrel to cover big barrels adequately.

OK, you want the foreend like the Nosler. Width is spot on, I just need to make the front angled up and shortened. I wish I could do more about the rear, but the action dictates the thickness there.

Costs? Well, we talked to the CNC shop. If we could get a commitment for at least 10, its probably about $500 each with a AR15 grip and screws. Right now, we're talking $$$, since I would have to make them one at a time, if at all.

If there is no interest, so be it.

Larry
Tinkerer