Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 xp100 Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
17 Remington. Burris 3-12 handgun scope.

Trued action, cerakote, bedding, side bolt release.

It’s -3 degrees with a 5-7 mph wind. It’s safe to say this may not be my best shooting but we defiantly have potential here. ❄️❄️❄️

Photo bomb by the wild yard rabbit.

Posts: 4031 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SWEET--Nothing quite like tiny holes in BIG barrels!

Steve

Posts: 2648 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dekker
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rig in a great caliber. I used a 17 Rem on PD's several years back while in WY hunting antelopes during one of the first Rich Bartman group hunts.

Posts: 2350 | Location: Illinois / USA | Registered: March 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a remington RIFLE in 17 caliber. It does NOT move when you pull the trigger. I tried some 20 grain bullets ,but accuracy is so_so with them.25 grainers are half inch groupers.

Posts: 3978 | Location: home | Registered: November 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig again. You sure do turn out some nice ones. Is that rabbit frozen in place?

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rig! Good job and great photos. What brand base did you use and is it a 0 , 10 , or 20 MOA ?

Posts: 958 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
0 egw

Posts: 4031 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why didn't you smoke check that rabbit with my new xp? You might be right, I probabaly should have had you put a brake on that. She might buck a little. Big Grin

Posts: 629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Congrats great looking rig!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What barrel profile is that one?

Bruce

Posts: 1097 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Looks great Chris, you better add a brake to that "skinny" barrel before you get smacked. nuts laugh

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3520 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BruceP:
What barrel profile is that one?

Bruce

Palma

posted Hide Post
Very nice setup!
just in time to try out the new Texas Golds in 30 grain being remade on Todd Kindlers superb old dies.Very nice work,love the bolt releaseSmile
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 639 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Those 30 Golds were the best bullet I ever used for fur hunting with my 17 FB XP. I'd vote 25 V-Max for PD's. Buddy of mine once shot a 550-yd. crow off the edge of a catch pond with it. Terrific to 300ish and pretty good to 400 on PD's.

Steve

Posts: 2648 | Location: Pueblo, CO USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are right Sir Steve,those Golds were awesome bullets.You should see what
The new bullet maker in Texas did with his newly designed 29 grain soft point.
His newly made 30 Golds are proving themselves as good shooters too.Waiting to hear how Dave in Utah does with them against fur.You are right about the 25V-max they really tear up and throw pd's too.I think they have enough extra weight and good bc to really reach out and smack em.
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 639 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
It was a nice gun to shoot. No muzzle blast. A Ruger charger22 kicks more.

posted Hide Post
What is the twist rate and length of barrel, if you dont mind me asking. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I think it was 15. Don’t remember the twist