Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anschutz Exemplar Login/Join 

posted
Does anyone know of a BR stock for an Exemplar?
Any way to modify stock
Pistol shoots great, but stock will not ride a bag well, wierd upward angle and it wobbles way to much for me
Looking to re stock a 10 inch model

Thx
DAN

Posts: 740 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You might try Rockwell Products , he could possibly make one.

Posts: 157 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The main problem (in my opinion) of the 10" Exemplar is the weight - kinda light for a bench pistol. If you do restock, might be a good idea to add some weight !

Posts: 1362 | Location: Gonzales, LA | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
MDT made an aluminum chassis for the Anschutz 64 action, model MDT LSS-RF #102508 which will fit the Exemplar barreled action. They are discontinued but show up on GunBroker occasionally.

Which side is your bolt on?

Check this thread on RimfireCentral https://www.rimfirecentral.com...thread.php?t=1223491
Scroll down to the post by Gwelo (me) to see pics of my 14”. I also have a 10” in one of these chassis.

Nick

Posts: 6 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I use a bipod on my Anschutz 12” 17Lp (17 hmr). It’s big and heavy-ish but it always shot better than with a front rest setup. Also much faster to get on fleeting targets than a rest.

I use it 3:1 over any other pistol (or rifle) out to 150 yds in the PD towns.

Mine is accurate too using the CCI A17s.

I had just swapped the old 3x9 for this Hawke 4x16 with a great little reticle.

As I recall it was rather calm 3-6 mph that day.

After getting it on at 100 and shooting 2 shots, I gave it 5 clicks up and one down to split the difference to 150. Shot the next 3.

It’s a real nice shooter!

Posts: 23 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: January 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 7fingers
posted Hide Post
Joe Updike makes a chassis for the Exemplar

Posts: 297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post