Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anschutz Exemplar barrel removal? Login/Join 

posted
How does one remove the barrel from an Exemplar 22 Hornet?
I drove out the two pins but the barrel remains firm in the receiver.

Mark

Posts: 299 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
don`t know bout the hornet but the rimfires are pressed in,plus they have a .005 taper

------------------------------
The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is what it looked like to me, through the scope base holes I can not see threads on the barrel shank.

Mark

Posts: 299 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
They normally have a compound on them and they are pressed in.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen,
I will give it a try in the morning

Mark.

posted Hide Post
It came right out!
We made a fixture to hold it in the hydraulic press and the barrel came out with little effort.

M

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Mark,

curious as to why your pulling the barrel as the Anschutz in 22 hornet are pretty rare.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:
Mark,

curious as to why your pulling the barrel as the Anschutz in 22 hornet are pretty rare.

Rick

Because the Customer is always right.
We are putting a 19" ultra light Hornet barrel, I believe it will remain a handgun.

I have done jobs that would be considered crimes against humanity. I rebarreled a Hi Wall in R2 Lovell, the coolest cartridge ever, to a Swift. I cut a Parker shotgun to 18".

Mark

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Too bad, I would of loved to have it and local too. He may be making it into a switch barrel (sorta), drop it in the exemplar stock for a pistol or drop it in a rifle stock for a rifle.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post