Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 creed Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
Coming soon. Reamer in hand. First dummy round.

The advantage to this over the other similar 25 caliber rounds is the high quality brass that’s easy to obtain due to the success of the other creedmoor rounds.

Posts: 4015 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
awesome.... but there is still no one making a real good high BC 257 bullet. wish they would just give us a couple. Sad

Posts: 110 | Location: Marthasville, Missouri | Registered: February 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
They make a lot of tried and proven hunting bullets tho.

BC isn’t everything

Posts: 4015 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sheehan93
posted Hide Post
Berger makes a great 115gr VLD. I use it in my 257 Rob AI XP-100. I have shot great groups out to 980 yards. The 115 Nosler balistic tip is also a good shooting bullet. I would say there are a few very good options out there.

Marc Sheehan

Life NRA Member

Posts: 1109 | Location: Syracuse, NE, USA | Registered: November 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Chris is that the 6.5 as a parent round?

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leupold Man:
Chris is that the 6.5 as a parent round?

Or the 6 Creed necked up

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here's my version. My bullet is prettier.

Bruce

Posts: 1094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a very well balanced round.Bruce your round does look good with that Nosler.I would love to see a V-Max next to an Accubond followed by a Nosler in that order,a tribute to America’s quarter bore flag
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 634 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 17VLD:
Sounds like a very well balanced round.Bruce your round does look good with that Nosler.I would love to see a V-Max next to an Accubond followed by a Nosler in that order,a tribute to America’s quarter bore flag
Matt

I like your idea. I have some Hornady's but no Accubonds.

Bruce

Posts: 1094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Yeah I made the dummy round out of trash brass and a cheap Speer. lipsrsealed

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I posted this elsewhere, but thought I would share it here too.
Why would one go with the 22 creed over a 22–250 improved? Or why would one go with a 25 creed versus the 250 savage Ackley improved?
As mentioned before, simplicity, excellent brass choices, no need to trim, turn necks or fire form.
Peterson, Alpha Munitions Lapua and others.
The line of creed cases is not the end-all. It is simply a good option for those who want to medium size cases, working in short actions.
Creedmoor is here to stay!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When the Creed first came out, I didn’t think it had much of a chance of being anything other than the latest fad. An email I received from Christensen Arms today really shows just how popular it has become. They claim that the 6.5 Creed accounted for 52% of their rifle chamberings for 2017, the 300 WinMag was second at 12%. That is a huge disparity and a pretty good accomplishment for a round that’s only been around for 10 years.
I haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, only because I’m already well stocked with a 260 and a 6.5 Leopard.

Posts: 11 | Location: Washington | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im learning here. Would this be a good benchrest round. Im looking for something other than 6mm and 30 cal for a future build. i was looking at the 6.5 creed, but this may be another option. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I didn’t have plans to build myself one but the 25 cal is such a proven hunting caliber with several good bullets to choose from I might give it a go

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I posted this elsewhere, but thought I would share it here too. Why would one go with the 22 creed over a 22–250 improved? Or why would one go with a 25 creed versus the 250 savage Ackley improved?As mentioned before, simplicity, excellent brass choices, no need to trim, turn necks or fire form.Peterson, Alpha Munitions Lapua and others. The line of creed cases is not the end-all. It is simply a good option for those who want to medium size cases, working in short actions. Creedmoor is here to stay!

And I remember when I built my 6.5 Creed a long time ago nobody thought it would last and brass options was limited.(Hornady) Now that 22 Creedmoor brass will soon be available is a testament that the case is here to stay plus the options will only increase

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3514 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
JLK 25 cal, 108 gr VLD, .500 bc
One heck of a bullet out of my 25wssm HSP SP
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post