Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP700 "project" Login/Join 

Picture of Gator T/C
posted
Brad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gator T/C,

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1246 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's cool! You done good.

thumbup Rod
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Wow that's nice!!! Congrats!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice! Good work.

Bruce

Posts: 1094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What a great post!!! Thanks Gator for sharing with us.

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A+ for show and tell A++ for execution.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bowstryder
posted Hide Post
You take the custom and take it to the max! Nice!

Posts: 445 | Location: waynesboro, va | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great write up and build my friend!

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Excellent post! Really great detailed photos,thanks for sharing.

Posts: 947 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Nmhunter thumbup

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats pretty cool!

Aaron

Posts: 2756 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is quite a piece of craftmanship, on all aspects. Nice job! I would love to look at in person. Huge amount of resources in your build. Nice....

Posts: 629 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of XP Fuzz
posted Hide Post
looks very good to me,hope it shoots as good as it looks.. thumbup

The Wind is your Friend,,,RIGHT...
Cayle

Posts: 4099 | Location: USA-CommyCountry,, IL | Registered: January 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice thumbup
I like it when people think outside the box.

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Awesome! thumbup

How does she shoot?

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Interesting pistol. Just wondering how the felt recoil will be with the extra weight hanging over the arse end.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
Brad, that is an awesome gun you've built for yourself, excellent work!! thumbup thumbup

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3517 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Brad,
That's "interdasting"!! That was a lot of Devcon!! Eek What if you took 2 Xytel mid-grip XP stocks and spliced/diced them together to form a single elongated stock?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gary T,

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I like it when people think outside the box.

I think the "box" got blown up!! nuts

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1676 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I realize im reviving a post from over a year ago, but this project is awesome! Am I right that this is a long action 700? If so, it doesn't look like there would be too much difference in a short action 700 and the xp-100 in overall length. Did you epoxy in a single shot follower, or custom make the solid action bottom? If I can find a centergrip trigger I'd like to try this on a left hand 700 action.

Posts: 29 | Location: Black Hills South Dakota  | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timgunner:
I realize im reviving a post from over a year ago, but this project is awesome! Am I right that this is a long action 700? If so, it doesn't look like there would be too much difference in a short action 700 and the xp-100 in overall length. Did you epoxy in a single shot follower, or custom make the solid action bottom? If I can find a centergrip trigger I'd like to try this on a left hand 700 action.

Model 7 is the same as a rear grip xp and is simple to convert to center grip

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WOW
Never saw this before
Great write up.
Appreciate all the work that went into it
I guess I have gone the opposite way and gone to rear grip only

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post