Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bond trigger Login/Join 

posted
Anyone got a picture of a bond centergrip trigger?

Aaron

Posts: 2759 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
Did he actually make a trigger, or just modify the stock trigger?

I better clarify, "Bond" the gunsmith from Montana or Dakotas or somewhere similarly heavenish used to re-barrel actions and modify stock triggers with an added adjustment screw. I didn't know him to make a trigger....

Can't wait to see how bad this response fits with the original questions..... Eek

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he just modified the factory unit. Made it a 3 lever trigger with the take up screw on the body of the trigger instead of the hanger. At least that's what I've read.

Aaron

Posts: 2759 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are you referring to Ralph Bond who built Silhouette XP's. I have a 6.5BR built by him and can check the trigger when I get back home.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe thats him.

Aaron

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Ralph Bond from Indiana - XP gunsmith.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1515 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
Are you referring to Ralph Bond who built Silhouette XP's. I have a 6.5BR built by him and can check the trigger when I get back home.

Hey Jay... did you ever get back home?

An analog guy in a digital world

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've come to the conclusion that Bond Triggers are like leprechauns. Heard about um but never really seen one.

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have what I think is a bond trigger. It may not be, hence the request for a pic so I can tell.

Aaron

posted Hide Post
I remember that back in the late 1990's or 2000's looking through a Brownells catalog that they offered an replacement XP 100 center grip trigger but I do not remember who it was made by. I emailed then recently to ask Brownells if any one knew who that was and no one there knows. I remember that this trigger was supposed to an after market and was supposed to adjust down to 6 or 8 oz.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 148 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Aaron, does the trigger you have look anything like this?

Jon

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2jbngl.jpg[/IM

Trigger

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jon,
Its similar to that, but different. No safety lever with manual reset. It does have a the screw on the bottom. Its fairly light, but not 2oz. Maybe 8-10oz. Don't have a scale to check.

Aaron

posted Hide Post
Aaron
Sorry for not posting pictures earlier. This is my 6.5 BR that Ralph Bond built. Silhouette gun no safety. I bought it used.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats what the one I have looks like. There is a third lever thats not there in a stock xp trigger.

Aaron

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Cool

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jay

Thanks for posting that pic. Its the first one like that that I have seen. If a guy was scratching around in a box of junk like I like to do it would be easy to think it was just a factory trigger w o the safety. Aaron how did you happen to come by the one you have?

Jon

posted Hide Post
I bought a silhouette rig from a guy in GA years ago. The trigger was so gunked up with dried oil it didn't work correctly so I took it off and put a stock one on. Didn't think much about it until this thread started.

Aaron