Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 max xp it’s done! Login/Join 

Picture of Hoggin
posted
The 357x223 is coming soon. (357 rimless max)

We will be using a Douglas 1-14 which we will contour in house. A 5 port muscle brake. Action is a Remington xp100.

There is exactly one person with cut in line privileges. And that’s the wife. If you don’t understand that your doomed to be single forever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hoggin,

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see this one finished.

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Happy wife, Happy life

Scott

Posts: 558 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see this one! Not only does she get the bump in line, but I'm guessing there will be a personal touch on this one!!!! Love the color of the stock!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chris, where do you get the sliding T nuts for the rear action screw in Norm's stocks?

Jon

Posts: 1626 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I make them

Posts: 4020 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was afraid you were going to say that.

Jon

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
Really cool

How does the nut fasten? Epoxy er? I didnt look close on the wood stock i had.

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9438 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Slides in a slot

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
It would really be nice if you could keep us apprised of this build and the ballistics after it is done. We have to use straight wall cases for deer hunting and I really want to know how this works out.

Dave

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
Chris, where do you get the sliding T nuts for the rear action screw in Norm's stocks?

Jon

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
COOL
Very Curious
Can you give more info on the cartridge
How is it made?
velocity?
What bullet do you plan to use
Do you have a pic

DAN

Posts: 748 | Location: San Jose CA | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
It’s going to be close to or exactly the same as a 357 maximum.

Star line sells 223 brass that’s unformed. Trim to 1.6”. Load. Shoot

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!! Let us know how she shoots.

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
First 3 down the tube. Proceeded to zero at 50. Held on the post plex and banged at 200 on 4” steel.

Recoil is mild. A rifle scope could be used. I was using a pistol scope.

Can’t wait to actually work up a load.

posted Hide Post
I like it....I'm a fan of the max.

Scott

Posts: 558 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice! I'll bet your wife will like hunting with that one.

Bruce

Posts: 1094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Once I start doing load testing I’ll start another thread

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Nice work.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3512 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post