Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 wsm xp100 Login/Join 

Picture of Snake Reaper
posted
How many of you have a xp 100 in 300 wsm and how do u like them. What's the recoil like with a Holland brake. I was thinking about starting to save for a xp 100. Just wanting a cal. i don't have. I have a couple encore in 308 and 6.5. A moa in 308. Just wanting something a little more ump to it. What yall guys think about a xp 100 in 300 wsm are they safe and do the shoot good. The builder will be rouge persuasion when I get money saved and find me a doner gun.

Posts: 173 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
Don't know about the .300 WSM in an XP, but a friend has one in a Striker. I load for him and have shot it many times. A non ported barrel is very manageable and highly accurate.
XPs are usually a little lighter than Strikers, so a brake would probably make it much more user friendly. The brakes on my 6.5/.284, .325 WSM, and .375/.284 make them unbelievably easy to shoot. Muzzle rise is from 1" (6.5/.284) to 3" (.375/.284). A brake on my .376 Steyr Encore is in the same category.

Posts: 1861 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many of you have a xp 100 in 300 wsm and how do u like them. What's the recoil like with a Holland brake. I was thinking about starting to save for a xp 100. Just wanting a cal. i don't have. I have a couple encore in 308 and 6.5. A moa in 308. Just wanting something a little more ump to it. What yall guys think about a xp 100 in 300 wsm are they safe and do the shoot good. The builder will be rouge persuasion when I get money saved and find me a doner gun.

I have a 6.5WSM AND 28 Nosler, had a 338WSM AND 7WSM, all are easy to shoot with the brakes on them, Most side discharge brakes work great on pistols since the discharge pressures are still high. Since you say you're going to be using Mike, talk to him about your build, he won't steer you wrong.

Glenn

------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3514 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have used a 7 WSM with 168g Berger and it liked a book max with H4831SC. Surprisingly, it was very manageable with a Holland brake. liked it a lot

Posts: 50 | Location: Green River, wy | Registered: October 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard coffecup!
I have a feeling I Shot an XP just like yours in Wyoming a couple years ago,with that Holland brake it behaved better than my Vais. braked 284.
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 634 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
I have a 300 SAUM in a bolt pistol, center grip by HS Precision. With the tapered barrel and their break it is a dream to shoot. I mostly shoot 150 grn Accubonds.
My friend has a 300 WSM rifle and they shoot within 150fps of each other with same load. Not sure why but they do. I'm sure if you go this direction you will enjoy your new pistol. Good luck.
Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 17VLD:
Welcome aboard coffecup!
I have a feeling I Shot an XP just like yours in Wyoming a couple years ago,with that Holland brake it behaved better than my Vais. braked 284.
Matt

You shot an incredible 1K group with that red stocked 7wsm xp that day Matt. Pretty sure there is a picture of you with it on here someplace.

Jon

Posts: 1623 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jon,
That day I learned that Dan sure knows how to work up a load! Smile
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 634 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a Striker in 300WSM with a Holland Brake, the recoil is very light and I'm able to shoot free recoil with a rifle scope with no issues.

Posts: 1162 | Location: California | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post