Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Nosler Handgun has arrived. Login/Join 

posted
Got my Nosler handgun today. It is chambered in 6.5 Creedmore with a 15” influted , unbreaked barrel. Initial inspection shows very nice craftsmanship. I mounted a Burris 3x12 BP and headed to the range with some loads I had worked up. I put a target out at 50 yards to zero scope. Loaded my first round and pulled the trigger. No boom. What the crap? I tried putting safety on and off several times and still nothing. I was not happy. Lucky I had my range bag with some tools and took off the stock. I could tell that the safety was not moving completely to the left and prevented the trigger from being pulled. I worked the safety back and forth many times and then it worked. I don’t really care for the thin AR style grip and have a Royal Arms grip ordered. The other thing I didn’t care for is the angle of the bolt. Shooting it off the bench, when the gun recoils the bolt handle taps you on the top of your forearm or at least it does me. I would think an unbreaked .308 might really get you. I ordered this pistol the day it was announced. I was told by Daniel at Nosler that I would have it in 3-4 months. At 4 months I called for update and was told it would ship the week of Oct 8th. Then I was told it would ship at the end of the week. Finally this Tues it was shipped via UPS ground to the dealer. Communications with Nosler was absolutely terrible. I only tried some 143gr Hornady ELDX bullets, I had several really promising groups, several 1/2” or less. Hopefully others that order one of these will have a little better luck. I tried H4350 and Hybrid with H4350 holding a slight edge in accuracy. I have a break ready to install on it but was just trying to get some loads tested so I can hunt this weekend. This is an honest evaluation and others may have better results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga sixgunner,

Posts: 949 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This is 4 shots at 100 yards.

Posts: 949 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
4 shots at 100 yards.

posted Hide Post
The other thing that I didn’t like is the cut outs of the bolt that are visible when the bolt is open. Seems like a good place for debris to get in and maybe cause a problem.

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Daniel yesterday. Mine should ship next week.

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the hiccups.
Thank you for the information and keep us updated please.
Looks like it is shooting good.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12174 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun! Interesting color too. I have started using the H&K 416/417 grip on my AR’s and mini-chassis. The grip is more vertical and has a flat bottom that is parallel to the barrel as well as having a great grip even though it is a hard material. They are hard to find and expensive but a really great grip for field use and bench shooting.

Brad

------------------------------
Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1244 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ga sixgunner:
I put a target out at 50 yards to zero scope. Loaded my first round and pulled the trigger. No boom. What the crap? I tried putting safety on and off several times and still nothing. I was not happy. Lucky I had my range bag with some tools and took off the stock. I could tell that the safety was not moving completely to the left and prevented the trigger from being pulled. I worked the safety back and forth many times and then it worked.

I guess this means they do not test fire their guns, before they ship them?

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12174 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
quote:
I put a target out at 50 yards to zero scope. Loaded my first round and pulled the trigger. No boom. What the crap? I tried putting safety on and off several times and still nothing. I was not happy. Lucky I had my range bag with some tools and took off the stock. I could tell that the safety was not moving completely to the left and prevented the trigger from being pulled. I worked the safety back and forth many times and then it worked.

I guess this means they do not test fire their guns, before they ship them?

Well that’s nice for the price....

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I guess they also missed the boat about handguns shipping express

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
That is not good getting a new firearm and you have to do quality control yourself to shoot it. You would think with as long as it took to finish and ship, they would have done some testing. I have been saving and selling stuff to get enough to purchase one of these. Will have to wait and see.
I would like for Mark Hampton to jump in here with his experiences since he has been shooting this pistol for some time.
Good groups Ga six gunner. That would take out any antelope or deer you would be after, if you didn't have to take the stock off to shoot it. Roll Eyes Just kidding. Looks nice. What break are you going to install?

Mike

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I contacted Nosler today and told them about the issue with the safety. I also asked how to adjust the trigger for a lighter pull and less creep. The guy I talked to said he would get with the engineer who built it. I got an email a couple hours later and this is what I was told. Send it back in and we will adjust the safety and I will have the head engineer to adjust the trigger and I will include a couple boxes of ammo when we return it for your trouble. REALLY. So I spend $100 bucks to send it back for things that should have been caught in quality control. So I took it out of stock again and figured out how to adjust the trigger myself. If Mark does see this maybe he can pass along to his Nosler contact and tell them that if they plan on selling this product to handgunners that they are going to have to step it up and do a much better job. I am beyond upset about having to wait over 5 months and having to tweak the gun when I get it. Next time I’ll just do a custom build.

posted Hide Post
McClura, I can only relate my experiences with this handgun. Fortunately, I did not have any issues. My 6.5 CM shoots exceptionally well. I've had it in the field most of the fall taking boar, dall sheep, gator, antelope, mule deer, whitetail, and coyote. No issues other than dead critters.

ga sixgunner, I'm reaching out to my contact at Nosler and will convey your issues.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Olrustyencore
posted Hide Post
Good looking gun and even better looking groups! Sorry to hear about the trouble. Hope it all gets worked out.

Rusty
—————————
“Dyin ain’t much of a livin”
Josey Wales

Posts: 583 | Location: Center of the world Kentucky  | Registered: August 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Love the looks of the rig, but the QC issues have me a bit worried, especially at that price point. Hopefully it was just a fluke deal. I'm not a CG fan, but if I was to get one, i absolutely love this chassis set-up. Keep us posted please!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Been in contact with Nosler, they said they will pay shipping both ways and address my issues. I’m gonna wait till the holiday rush is over before I send it.

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been in contact with Nosler, they said they will pay shipping both ways

That is good to hear.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 557 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post