Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP100 25 BR Login/Join 

Wheelgun Aficionado

Picture of 6 shot
posted
I bought this 25 BR 10-12 years ago & never shot it much, used it on chucks a few times & stuck it in the safe. Yesterday I pulled it out & put a 3X12 Burris & top & went to the range. The old loads seem to shoot as good as ever. Using 33 grs of H335 & the 87 gr Speer TNT still shoots little tiny groups, although the 85 gr Ballastic Tip does a little better & is a better game bullet.
This group was shot today at 50 yds, quite cold outside & a little breezy but still pretty good. 3 shot group measured .234" & clocks 2791 fps.

When I bought the gun someone had cut a couple of flutes in the barrel (Pac Nor) they didn't do a very good job on the flutes but the gun shoots great. Gun has a custom trigger, not sure what brand, but very nice!

Posts: 929 | Location: Soda Springs, Idaho | Registered: June 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Rodent
posted Hide Post
Very nice. thumbup thumbup

Mike

------------------------------
Piedmont Sportsman Club
IHMSA #27115
NRA #146349408
EMT-B

Posts: 4075 | Location: Rochelle, Virginia | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Memory of a great friend. You are missed!

Picture of Tigger
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome charlie rig!! thumbup

They will be coming out in about 2 months here. I can't wait.

NRA Life member

"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear"

~SAPHIRA~

Posts: 5264 | Location: with our Heavenly Father | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TCKev
posted Hide Post
That's a shooter all right!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TCKev,

Pro 2nd Amendment

Tight Groups
My Name Might Be TCKev
But I Love XP's Xd's & 1911's

Posts: 1088 | Location: South Louisiana | Registered: September 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I love my 25 BR XP 100 as well. Mine is in a center grip McMillan stock. It has a sako extractor and a 16" Shilen 10 twist barrel. I shoot Lapua brass and 100 grain BT's with H322. I shoot it hot and it will put them all in one hole. 3 shot groups average at .300 with best groups at .190. These are at 100 yards with a Leupold 2.5 x 8 pistol scope.

I Have shot hogs, deer, antelope and prarie dogs with this rig and it is awesome !!!

Proud NRA Life Member

Posts: 264 | Location: texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rig there thumbup thumbup

Darryl Cool

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Posts: 3255 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dbd870
posted Hide Post
Looks great and a nice caliber as well. thumbup

Which way to the classifieds....
NRA Endowment

Posts: 2761 | Location: Morgan Co, Indiana | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know this is an old post but I am looking for any and all information about Remington XP-100's in 25br. I just bought one and am looking for loads for this beast for Metalic Silhouette out to 200 yards. Thank you for your help

Posts: 1 | Location: Georgia | Registered: June 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
I know own sixshot's 25BR XP but have only used the load data he posted above. Not sure how heavy of bullet your wanting to use but I believe there is load data on Hodgdon's web site and a few other places.

Rick

Posts: 3534 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
I used a .25 Bullberry for IHMSA competition for years. I used Speer 120BTs launched around 2200 fps. Never lost a ram with that load, which should be easily reachable in your .25 BR...

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
The load mentioned above will take all of the IHMSA animals. Probably even out to 500.

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Last month I sold an xp in 25BR that was originally built for Steve Riddle. Lilja barrel, Dewey trigger, hard chromed receiver & bolt. The 25BR is center grip and I shoot prone, I already have 2 unlimited guns but the 25BR was a real shooter.

Posts: 353 | Location: Marietta, Ga | Registered: August 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What kind of velocities are you guys getting with 100 grain bullets?

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We lost Dave C. on June 18, 2016. Dave had heart problems in his past but I cant say if that was the cause. His knowledge and easygoing manner will be missed. I was fortunate to have Dave as a shooting partner the last few years. He was a Marine in the mid 1960s and a PH recipient. rp

Posts: 432 | Location: Stone Mtn Ga | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LoneStar
posted Hide Post
Sad. RIP Dave...Semper Fi

“The 30-06 is the world's most over-rated big game cartridge" - Elmer Keith

Posts: 987 | Location: Superstition Mountains | Registered: August 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that. Dave was one I had hoped to meet one day. I probably lived closer than an other member at least that I know of and I always liked his posts here.

Bruce

Posts: 1092 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post