Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 Nosler Login/Join 

posted
Looks like someone needs to do a 30 Nosler build on an XP-100....

Hmm, should that be my next XP-100 build??

Maybe I need to start collecting parts...

Barrel...
Stock...
Reamer...
Brass...

Anyone got any spare money they can send me? Smile

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
We'll have dies before the end of February. Redding standard full length 2-die set and the Master Hunter. We can special order others.

Should make a beast of an xp.

mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

Posts: 19906 | Location: western PA, USA! | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Big Grin

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer

Thanks Ernie for volunteering!! Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3514 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hummm... .308 McGowen barrel laying in closet, extra striker action, 7 fingers chassis being shipped, 2 boxes of 28 nosler brass... You guys can be hard to be around!!!

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
Now that sounds like a build just waiting to happen!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
hummm... .308 McGowen barrel laying in closet, extra striker action, 7 fingers chassis being shipped, 2 boxes of 28 nosler brass... You guys can be hard to be around!!!

munch

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I have a XP project in the works, but not a 30 nosler Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by tgp:
quote:
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer

Thanks Ernie for volunteering!! Big Grin

Glenn

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12186 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Close to the same thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old leghumper,

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1510 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Closecto the same thing.

-??? It only has about 35% more case capacity than the .300 SAUM.

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Gary probably meant the RUM (Remington Ultra Mag), not the Remington Short Action Ultra Mag (RSAUM).

quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:

-Mike
[/QUOTE]

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
Gary probably meant the RUM (Remington Ultra Mag), not the Remington Short Action Ultra Mag (RSAUM).

quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:

-Mike
[/QUOTE]

You are right - my bad

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1510 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no 30 nosler
rental reamer so far.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Kasson MN | Registered: August 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
no 30 nosler
rental reamer so far.

You could always have a reamer built to your specs and use it for your build, then turn around and sell it for close to what it cost you. -Cheaper than renting Big Grin
Come on, you know you want too LOL! laugh

-Mike

posted Hide Post
If the 30 Nosler is the same case as the 28, it would be very close to the 300 Dakota.

Posts: 48 | Location: Midwest, ILL inois | Registered: November 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
30 Nosler has the shoulder pushed back vs the 28 Nosler.

Case is also a bit shorter too.

For a SP, I think I like the 30 Nosler case a bit better.

I'm seriously considering spec'ing a reamer for the bullet I would want to shoot and getting a project started.

Got a second XP that might enjoy being massaged.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a cool build. I think you should do it. What bullets would you use? I get 2800fps with 230hybrids in my 300 RUM. It shouldn't be too far behind.

Aaron

Posts: 2755 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
Dave Manson Reamers is a good source for custom reamers. Dave is a HG hunter and is very easy to work with.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3512 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Sounds like a cool build. I think you should do it. What bullets would you use? I get 2800fps with 230hybrids in my 300 RUM. It shouldn't be too far behind.

Aaron

I'd want to shoot 210-230 gr bullets. Say a 9" twist, 18" bbl. Perhaps a Hvy Palma contour, but maybe a Bartlein #4 / Krieger #6.

I'd expect it to be ~100 FPS slower.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Picture of greenhornet-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:

Aaron

What length barrel are you using? I have a spare 300 RUM barrel here looking for an action...

Posts: 478 | Location: appomattox va | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think its 19".

Aaron

Posts: 2755 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of greenhornet-1
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!!

Posts: 478 | Location: appomattox va | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post