Specialty Pistols
30 Nosler

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/2940053186

January 13, 2016, 06:51 PM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
30 Nosler
Looks like someone needs to do a 30 Nosler build on an XP-100....

Hmm, should that be my next XP-100 build??

Maybe I need to start collecting parts...

Barrel...
Stock...
Reamer...
Brass...

Anyone got any spare money they can send me? Smile


Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)


January 13, 2016, 06:58 PM
Magnum Mike
We'll have dies before the end of February. Redding standard full length 2-die set and the Master Hunter. We can special order others.

Should make a beast of an xp.


mike
------------------------------

JUST SAY NO To Gun Bans, JOIN Gun Owners of America

Need accessories? Looking for reloading equipment or components? Check out

January 13, 2016, 07:41 PM
Ernie
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Big Grin


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
January 13, 2016, 08:56 PM
tgp
quote:
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer



Thanks Ernie for volunteering!! Big Grin

Glenn


------------------------------
“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape


January 14, 2016, 10:01 AM
blueavenger
hummm... .308 McGowen barrel laying in closet, extra striker action, 7 fingers chassis being shipped, 2 boxes of 28 nosler brass... You guys can be hard to be around!!!
January 14, 2016, 11:38 AM
Leupold Man
Now that sounds like a build just waiting to happen!!!!


---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member
January 14, 2016, 01:21 PM
40xmike
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
hummm... .308 McGowen barrel laying in closet, extra striker action, 7 fingers chassis being shipped, 2 boxes of 28 nosler brass... You guys can be hard to be around!!!


munch

-Mike
January 14, 2016, 01:55 PM
Ernie
I have a XP project in the works, but not a 30 nosler Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by tgp:
quote:
It would be cool! Someone needs to raise their hand and say, "I'll do it!" Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer



Thanks Ernie for volunteering!! Big Grin

Glenn



Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
January 14, 2016, 02:33 PM
old leghumper
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Close to the same thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old leghumper,


----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
January 14, 2016, 04:20 PM
40xmike
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Closecto the same thing.


-??? It only has about 35% more case capacity than the .300 SAUM.

-Mike
January 14, 2016, 04:27 PM
Ernie
Gary probably meant the RUM (Remington Ultra Mag), not the Remington Short Action Ultra Mag (RSAUM).

quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Closecto the same thing.


-??? It only has about 35% more case capacity than the .300 SAUM.

-Mike
[/QUOTE]


Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22
January 14, 2016, 07:28 PM
old leghumper
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
Gary probably meant the RUM (Remington Ultra Mag), not the Remington Short Action Ultra Mag (RSAUM).

quote:
Originally posted by 40xmike:
quote:
Originally posted by old leghumper:
Anyone heard of the Rem 30cal SAUM? Closecto the same thing.


-??? It only has about 35% more case capacity than the .300 SAUM.

-Mike
[/QUOTE]

You are right - my bad


----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.
January 14, 2016, 09:44 PM
blueavenger
no 30 nosler
rental reamer so far.
January 22, 2016, 11:11 AM
40xmike
quote:
Originally posted by blueavenger:
no 30 nosler
rental reamer so far.



You could always have a reamer built to your specs and use it for your build, then turn around and sell it for close to what it cost you. -Cheaper than renting Big Grin
Come on, you know you want too LOL! laugh

-Mike
January 22, 2016, 10:43 PM
kaytod
If the 30 Nosler is the same case as the 28, it would be very close to the 300 Dakota.
January 23, 2016, 02:22 AM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
30 Nosler has the shoulder pushed back vs the 28 Nosler.

Case is also a bit shorter too.

For a SP, I think I like the 30 Nosler case a bit better.

I'm seriously considering spec'ing a reamer for the bullet I would want to shoot and getting a project started.

Got a second XP that might enjoy being massaged.


Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)


January 26, 2016, 01:25 AM
rickiesrevenge
Sounds like a cool build. I think you should do it. What bullets would you use? I get 2800fps with 230hybrids in my 300 RUM. It shouldn't be too far behind.

Aaron
January 26, 2016, 05:28 PM
Sawfish
Dave Manson Reamers is a good source for custom reamers. Dave is a HG hunter and is very easy to work with.


------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling
January 27, 2016, 01:09 AM
Rog (Buttermilk421)
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Sounds like a cool build. I think you should do it. What bullets would you use? I get 2800fps with 230hybrids in my 300 RUM. It shouldn't be too far behind.

Aaron


I'd want to shoot 210-230 gr bullets. Say a 9" twist, 18" bbl. Perhaps a Hvy Palma contour, but maybe a Bartlein #4 / Krieger #6.

I'd expect it to be ~100 FPS slower.


Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)


January 27, 2016, 11:50 PM
greenhornet-1
quote:
Originally posted by rickiesrevenge:
Sounds like a cool build. I think you should do it. What bullets would you use? I get 2800fps with 230hybrids in my 300 RUM. It shouldn't be too far behind.

Aaron


What length barrel are you using? I have a spare 300 RUM barrel here looking for an action...
January 28, 2016, 10:35 PM
rickiesrevenge
I think its 19".

Aaron
January 28, 2016, 11:13 PM
greenhornet-1
Thanks!!!