Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    Installing rear sling stud in McMillan center-grip stock

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing rear sling stud in McMillan center-grip stock Login/Join 

posted
I've got one of the McMillan center grip stocks from the recent group buy and am thinking about installing a rear sling stud. What would be the best way to go about doing so?

Posts: 39 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
In the side of the stock. I would put a small pillar in

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Hoggin. Would it be possible to go in from the side and tap into the aluminum bedding block rather than installing a pillar?

Posts: 39 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
oregon45,
I've installed rear swivel studs in 1 Striker and a number of XP's at the very rear of the stock, just under the rearest part of the action, using a T-nut. I insert the T-nut from the inside of the stock. I usually have to trim some of the "wings" portion of the T-nut for it to fit well. I use some 2 part epoxy as well.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oregon45:
Thanks Hoggin. Would it be possible to go in from the side and tap into the aluminum bedding block rather than installing a pillar?

The aluminum block is pretty far in. I’d worry the stud would still wiggle near the top and damage your stock

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Hoggin, I'll go with a pillar then.

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've installed rear swivel studs in 1 Striker and a number of XP's at the very rear of the stock, just under the rearest part of the action

This is what I have done as well. Works great!

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post