Specialty Pistols
Installing rear sling stud in McMillan center-grip stock

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/2920002296

August 19, 2018, 05:04 PM
oregon45
Installing rear sling stud in McMillan center-grip stock
I've got one of the McMillan center grip stocks from the recent group buy and am thinking about installing a rear sling stud. What would be the best way to go about doing so?
August 19, 2018, 07:05 PM
Hoggin
In the side of the stock. I would put a small pillar in
August 19, 2018, 10:25 PM
oregon45
Thanks Hoggin. Would it be possible to go in from the side and tap into the aluminum bedding block rather than installing a pillar?
August 19, 2018, 11:35 PM
Gary T
oregon45,
I've installed rear swivel studs in 1 Striker and a number of XP's at the very rear of the stock, just under the rearest part of the action, using a T-nut. I insert the T-nut from the inside of the stock. I usually have to trim some of the "wings" portion of the T-nut for it to fit well. I use some 2 part epoxy as well.

Good luck and good hunting.
August 19, 2018, 11:41 PM
Hoggin
quote:
Originally posted by oregon45:
Thanks Hoggin. Would it be possible to go in from the side and tap into the aluminum bedding block rather than installing a pillar?

The aluminum block is pretty far in. I’d worry the stud would still wiggle near the top and damage your stock
August 19, 2018, 11:59 PM
oregon45
Thanks Hoggin, I'll go with a pillar then.
August 20, 2018, 10:30 AM
big10
quote:
I've installed rear swivel studs in 1 Striker and a number of XP's at the very rear of the stock, just under the rearest part of the action

This is what I have done as well. Works great!

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)