Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kauger Arms bolt action pistols Login/Join 

posted
I was researching possibilities to hunt turkey with .410 and found this article
https://www.mossyoak.com/our-o...hat-you-need-to-know where I found out about Kauger Arms Tomahawk .410, a bolt action .410 handgun. Then I saw that they have 6.5 creedmoor (and 6.5x47 as well) version as well, called Black Widow.
https://shop.kaugerarms.com/ca.../specialty-guns.html

Anyone ever heard about them? Any experience? I am not really thinking about buying one, just curious Smile

Thanks,
Mladen

Posts: 270 | Location: North WY | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
You can get a 45/410 barrel w/rib and sites for either the Contender or Encore. I have one of each. They shoot great out to about 25 yards with 3" #6's.
I took a turkey with my Contender a few years back. Haven't shot the Encore yet.

---------------------------------
: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to tick us off.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes I've heard of them I believe they are a Georgia based company and on one of my FB pages there is a guy that hunts with one and loves it !

Posts: 1503 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: July 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McClura:
You can get a 45/410 barrel w/rib and sites for either the Contender or Encore. I have one of each. They shoot great out to about 25 yards with 3" #6's.
I took a turkey with my Contender a few years back. Haven't shot the Encore yet.

That was and still is my initial idea, but then I saw that article and it got me interested. Kauger Arms guns are over my budget for sure, at least for now. And as for their Black widow, the better option and cheaper is Remington 700 CP and buy one of these stocks https://www.gunbroker.com/item/852442081. I could get 308 Win in just under $1000 compared to $1750 for black widow

Posts: 270 | Location: North WY | Registered: June 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Handled them last year at the turkey expo in Nashville. Seem to be well made guns. Just out of my price range for a .410 turkey gun. Said to be effective on turkey at 30-40 yds with the shells they recommend, $10-$12 bucks per shell is a bit stiff to me. Kauger Arms Hazlehurst Ga.

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by junebug:
Handled them last year at the turkey expo in Nashville. Seem to be well made guns. Just out of my price range for a .410 turkey gun. Said to be effective on turkey at 30-40 yds with the shells they recommend, $10-$12 bucks per shell is a bit stiff to me. Kauger Arms Hazlehurst Ga.

There is no freaking way I would pay $10-12 per shell.
What shells did they recommend?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
They were loaded with # 9 heavy shot ,don't remember the name. They had shot some impressive patterns at 30 -40 yds .

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
The folks at Kauger Arms are good folks from what I can tell. I won't be handling their shotgun pistol, but I should be shooting their rear grip specialty pistol in the near future.
From all accounts they are good shooters, from what I have been reading.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12187 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ernie:
The folks at Kauger Arms are good folks from what I can tell. I won't be handling their shotgun pistol, but I should be shooting their rear grip specialty pistol in the near future.
From all accounts they are good shooters, from what I have been reading.

Thanks for the info. I was just curious did anyone heard about them. Their pistols definitely look cool.

quote:
Originally posted by junebug:
They were loaded with # 9 heavy shot ,don't remember the name. They had shot some impressive patterns at 30 -40 yds .

It's probably Federal Premium Heavyweight TSS Turkey Shotshells or some similar. These are $6/shell.

But it is good to know there are some options. I may try with encore pistol barrel. Will see.

Winter is just good time to think about projects, wishes Smile

posted Hide Post
While back I read a thread on 410 TSS turkeys loads and it was impressive. Was going to order some but never did.
Rogers has 410 TSS for $21 a box

https://www.rogerssportinggood...auge-3-7-8oz-1100fps

Posts: 2065 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jay HHI6818:
While back I read a thread on 410 TSS turkeys loads and it was impressive. Was going to order some but never did.
Rogers has 410 TSS for $21 a box

https://www.rogerssportinggood...auge-3-7-8oz-1100fps

I guess not too bad for the spring season. Try out one or two on the range and save the rest for the season.

posted Hide Post
Guess I was off a bit at $ 10-12 per shell,but it was a year ago. I thought they were high any way.