Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker case recommendations. Login/Join 

posted
I recently picked up a striker 510 and have been looking for a reasonably priced hard case for it. I'm wonder what some on here would recommend that doesn't cost too much and securely holds the firearm.

Posts: 2 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: August 25, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
Ace Case out of St. Clair, MO. The cases for an Encore do the job and are not expensive. Here’s the link Ace Case.

Edit: sorry, I overlooked it is a hard case that you’re looking for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BT,

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
For a hard case I use the breakdown shotgun cases. A little long but if you rebarrel your striker you may need the length or if you pick up another striker 2 will fit nicely.

Rick

Posts: 3533 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a "Vault by Pelican - V700 Rifle Case" that i can squeeze 3 (2 with rifle scope, 1 handgun scope) into but it does get a little heavy.

Scott

Posts: 557 | Location: Goodyear,Arizona | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You want cheap and good, usually don’t go together. However what I used for years and still use, Samsonite brief case. Get some egg crate foam and your good to go. Can be cut to fit as in custom if you so desire. FYI I left the folder in the top of mine, it will hold a stapler and targets.

My first one has to be close to 30 years old now and still going strong. Second hand stores and garage sales are your best bet.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
You want cheap and good, usually don’t go together. However what I used for years and still use, Samsonite brief case. Get some egg crate foam and your good to go. Can be cut to fit as in custom if you so desire. FYI I left the folder in the top of mine, it will hold a stapler and targets.

My first one has to be close to 30 years old now and still going strong. Second hand stores and garage sales are your best bet.

You got me thinking now. Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: August 25, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check out: Got Briefcases

They have aluminum cases.

Posts: 164 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Knucklehead 61
posted Hide Post
Check out www.thefoamfactory.com for foam once you've found a donor case. They have a pretty good selection ant reasonable $.
I've done a number of refitted cases over the years and foam seems to be a recurring issue. Good luck.
Smile

Posts: 94 | Location: south of the piney woods | Registered: December 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Had to look at “attaché” to find mine on ebite. Looks like $15-25, I know I didn’t give that much.

---------------------------------
G whiz, it's a Contender or a G2, never was a G One!

Posts: 3024 | Location: Kansas U.S of A | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check the inside case size carefully. My Striker will not fit either of my two briefcase/ gun cases. The Samsonite is 18 1/2 x14 1/2 outside and the leather covered is about the same. I use a Plano sized for A R style rifles and can carry several things at once with a little padding between them. About 37 1/2 x 16 in. around $70.00 at Academy sports. I put a small {non gun related sticker} on the top of mine to instantly know top from bottom. A caution radiation or med waste sticker is about perfect. skull

Posts: 399 | Location: bourbon capitol KY. | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

THE Handgun Hunting Authority!

posted Hide Post
I've traveled hunting for 40+ years and used only a take down shotgun case.It holds 2 XPs (Encores or Contenders) plus a scoped revolver plus small flashlight, Leatherman, and regular knife. My aluminum case has held up to airport abuse and my guns have never been damaged, but the case had minor damage in the past that required a factory overhaul (for no charge).
It's made by Impact Case Co. of Spokane, WA.
I put very wide yellow and red duct tape in the form of an X on both sides. It still looks like a gun case, but I think it stands out to baggage handlers and theifs and maybe helps in a little extra care.
I also have a heavy duty black cloth case that goes over the shiny gun case so "gun" doesn't stand out in many peoples minds.

Posts: 1856 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post