Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6creedmoor with glass Login/Join 

Picture of nmhunter
posted
Apache Machine 6 creed with Leupold/Holland Mark 4 ,4.5x14 with Holland 30 moa reticle , ffp.
Steve's work is flawless thumbup

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Another view

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
That is one sweet rig. What length barrel?

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6522 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Tom what do you and Rick do with all those XPs???

Jon

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
16"+ the brake
With the heat here in AZ rearrange them most of the year and try to shoot them the rest of the year. Some get to play others get a long rest Sad
Nmhunter

posted Hide Post
thumbup

-Mike

Posts: 2293 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom what do you and Rick do with all those XPs???

drool

Posts: 3561 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smokin7mm
posted Hide Post
Me Likey thumbup

Bret

IHMSA #49266
PBRC match director
IHMSA Washington State Director

Posts: 1585 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of semperfi
posted Hide Post
Very nice Tom! What is the color pattern and %?

SemperFi

veteran USMC
NRA life member
NAHC life member

Posts: 818 | Location: mn | Registered: October 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
really sweet Tom!!

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3520 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
I love it! I will have a 6 Creed in the works soon. Please share your favorite loads if you would?
Thank you. Derek >>>--------->

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Derek, don't have any loads yet, have the brass, primers, bullets and powder (10 lbs) of H4350. thumbup will start on it soon.
The stock is mcmillans woodland spectre pattern. Thx guys this build turned out great.
Tom

Picture of Arrowflinger
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see/hear how it shoots! On another note. I have been looking everywhere for H4350. Seems like everyone is out of stock. If you don't mind. May I ask where you purchased yours?
Thanks in advance! Derek

Posts: 915 | Location: Bay Area California | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Gator T/C
posted Hide Post
Tom, I think you could outfit a small army with Specialty pistols! I still want to see one giant picture from a rooftop that shows all of the bolt action pistols in one group! Your projects are always awesome and have inspired a LOT of builds! Thanks for sharing with us.

Brad

Contender 22LR, 17MachII, 17HMR, .223(SSK), 6mm Gator, 6TCU, 6mmJDJ(Van Horn), 25x47(Coyote), 6.5 JDJ(SSK), 7x47(SSK),308 Bellm, .338 SSK Woodswalker (2),358 Bellm, 375Win, 375 JDJ(SSK), 45/70(SSK), 45/70 (VanHorn), 50-70(SSK)
Encore .243, 7mm–08, 300WM(15-1/4"), 50-90(MGM, 14"), 50–110 (MGM), .50ML(16")
XP-100 .223, .223AI, 6mm204Imp, .243AI, 6BR
XP-7 .223,.243,.300Blackout, .300RSAUM
XP-700SA .22LR, .243
XP-700LA .25/06, .270AI, .300WM,.338 Lapua, .510 Whisper

Posts: 1253 | Location: Gainesville, Fl | Registered: January 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Thx gator been several builds over the years, always fun to get the next project going.
I bought 2 8 pounders from a guy at the parking lot at cabelas a couple of years ago and the other 4 pounds at a local feed & outdoors store. Just got lucky.

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome & I know it will shoot well! Looking forward to a range report. Will you be hunting or target shooting with it?

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
both
tom

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's a great looking build. Let us know how it shoots!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That Luepold/Holland scope, is it a rifle scope converted to a EER or LER ? Back in the 80's there was someone I believe Seibert was the name, that would convert Luepold rifle scopes to EER's. I recall seeing a picture of a XP 100 in a gun magazine showing a converted Luepold 6.5-20X that had an 1-1/2" to 2" tube extension added between the zoom ring and the rear main tube.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Peter, this a Mark 4 tactical rifle scope, Darrel Holland has his custom reticle installed by Leupold it is a moa reticle with moa turret settings in the first focal plane. Plenty of eye relief with the weight of the gun and the brake.

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Such a good looking rig!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
thx Ernie
nmhunter

posted Hide Post
OK. The scope weighs 22 oz. The rings and base about 6 oz. The gun, maybe 6 lbs. so maybe 7 1/2-8 lbs. With 4.5-3.7 eye relief, I can see myself get a scope eye, but if you can do it, more power to yeah. I got scope eye once with a XP 100 chambered in 7MM BR with a Burris 10X EER scope years ago. I shoot my rifle's, XP, and Contender with trigger pulls that weigh in at 6-8 oz, so I hold the guns with very light gripping force to reduce any muscle tremors. The key to shooting small groups.

So I ask, is their any one who converts rifle scopes to EER's of LER's ?

P.S. The gun looks wicked cool.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Peter,
Even if Tom did choose to shoot it with a full FOV, he probably would not get smacked.
But, Tom probably pulls back a little bit, before he pulls the trigger.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/pro...Specialty%20Handguns

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12191 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Peter,

one thing you may be over looking is that these guns all have very efficient muzzle brakes that keep the movement of the firearm to a minimum when fired.

2cents

Welcome to SP by the way,

Rick

Posts: 3561 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Also with a 16",.990 diameter, weight is more like 9.5 lbs. with the brake recoil will be manageable
Been smacked a time or two in the past, you learn what works best,
I remember reading the article about the eye relief conversion but don't remember who wrote it.

Welcome to SP. a lot of great ideas and information here.

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
The eye relief conversion was done on only two scopes Fixed power 24x and 36x Leupolds.
The man (Wally Siebert) who did the conversion is now gone-Really great guy too.
The eye relief was extremely critical.
It made the old 10X IER easy to use in comparison.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the welcomes.

I have been shooting single shot pistols (XP 100,& Contender's) for more than 37 years now. Got hooked on them when I got into IHMSA while in the U.S.Army while stationed at Ft. Hood, TX and would drive down with my Army shooting buddy to compete at Ft. Bliss,TX. I will be taking possession from my shooting buddy who moved back here, a Sako Vixen solid bottom pistol, rear gripped, chambered in 6 PPC Sako with an older Burris 3-9 X LER scope. The stock is a butt ugly black synthetic. Thinking of finding a wood stock for it. When I get it, I'll post pics of it.

Peter Resetz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nmhunter:
Also with a 16",.990 diameter, weight is more like 9.5 lbs. with the brake recoil will be manageable
Been smacked a time or two in the past, you learn what works best,
I remember reading the article about the eye relief conversion but don't remember who wrote it.

Welcome to SP. a lot of great ideas and information here.

I might be dreaming this or maybe finally went totally goofy. It seems as if I remember a guy by the name of Steve H (sscoyote) writing an article or two in the Varmint Hunter about his experiments with conversions of optics for SP's. Little did I know at that time I would actually get to met him and shoot with him.

Jon

Posts: 1633 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Would like to see that weapon. thumbup have you thought about having it painted
I bet there are some on here that would be glad to help or know someone who paints them
Nmhunter