Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris scope & 516 Striker Login/Join 

posted
In December I bought an almost new 516 Striker in .243 Win. It had a Burris 1.5-4 scope already on it but with my old eyes I wanted more power. So last week I received a new Burris 2-7 x 32 scope for it. I went to put it on & due to the scope being short between the objective & ocular bells, I'll call them, the scope won't fit in the rings. If I get extended bases the scope may fit but the bases will either interfere or completely keep me from loading the gun. So I guess I'll have to leave the original scope on it & mount the new scope on a Contender barrel. Or go with a rifle scope which I don't want to do.

So don't buy this Burris scope to mount on a 516 .243 Win. Striker.

Lord have mercy upon mine enemies for I will have none.

Posts: 26 | Location: Mecklenburg Co. VA | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Get an EGW pictanny rail. They come in 0 or 20 MOA and you can set the rings where you like on the mount.

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They don't list a Striker but would a short action round back w/ejection port work?

Posts: 26 | Location: Mecklenburg Co. VA | Registered: August 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstem54:
They don't list a Striker but would a short action round back w/ejection port work?

I think that's the right one. Tinkerer could chime in. He's very familiar with the Strikers

Posts: 1363 | Location: LAKE CUMBERLAND AREA, KY | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
EWG, Savage Flat Back Short Action Picatinny Scope Mount 20 MOA.

Posts: 30 | Location: Reno Texas | Registered: February 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys! Getting ready to order on now.

posted Hide Post
EGW will also make 30 or 40 MOA Picatinny rail for the Savage Strikers by special order. The cost is more than the the 20 MOA but if needed for long distance targets, with scopes without much windage it works great. EWG, Savage Flat Back Short Action Picatinny Scope Mount. Jack

Posts: 159 | Location: Washington State | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sawfish
posted Hide Post
I have the EGW 20 MOA Picatinny mount on my 22/250 Striker with a Leupold 2.5 x 8 with Warne Rings and it works fine.

------------------------------
Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
NRA Patron Member, FTRA Member;
Life Member SCI, NAHH, RMEF, and NSRPA; HHI Member #7108, Member CBA, NSSF

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 3510 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Before I order from EGW, I'm going to be doing most of my shooting at no more than 200-300 yards. Here in Virginia, that's a long shot. Do I need 0 MOA base or 20 MOA for that distance?

Picture of Grendel99
posted Hide Post
If all your shooting is that distance, the 0 MOA base is more than enough.

Posts: 960 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BT
posted Hide Post
I have a 0 moa base on my .243 with a Burris 3-9 and no problems at all. It's sighted in 2 1/2" high at 100 for a 200 yd zero. I get about an 8-9" drop from point of aim at 300. The rail type base is the way to go.

----------------------------------------

Posts: 1837 | Location: Mid-MO | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstem54:
If I get extended bases the scope may fit but the bases will either interfere or completely keep me from loading the gun. So I guess I'll have to leave the original scope on it & mount the new scope on a Contender barrel. Or go with a rifle scope which I don't want to do.

So don't buy this Burris scope to mount on a 516 .243 Win. Striker.

If you want to use the extended bases, they will work fine without loading or extraction problems. My wife bought a used striker in .243, in 08, it came with a Burris 2-7x, and Burris base, and we don't have any problem with the setup. Just another option to the picitanny rail.

Posts: 572 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post