Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington CP Login/Join 

posted
Has anyone seen or got hold of the Remington CP? Wondering how it compares to the XP100 aside from mag capacity. I currently have an XP100 from Remington custom shop, heavy barrel, fancy walnut with finger grooves and thumb rest in 7-08 with a 2-1/4 lb trigger (actually under 2 lb but being modest), and also another XP100 with factory laminated stock in .223.
Assuming the CP is built on a 700 action, the trigger can be replaced with an after market trigger system would be a plus. Also, seems like the pistol grip might be an AR type interchangeable grip. Local dealer says its on order. Just have to wait and see.

Posts: 45 | Location: oahu,hi | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
bindongo, I just finished up writing an article for AMERICAN HANDGUNNER on the Remington CP in .223. It is nothing like the XP -- not even close.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
bindongo, I just finished up writing an article for AMERICAN HANDGUNNER on the Remington CP in .223. It is nothing like the XP -- not even close.

Details!

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The Remington CP is nothing more then a Remington 700 PCR with the butt stock removed and a to shoooooooort barrel.
IMHO, it's uglier then a three eyed five legged pig.

Peter Resetz

Posts: 147 | Location: Lapeer, MI. | Registered: September 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Gary, I'll tell you the details first-hand in a few days -- in Sundance.

Posts: 1008 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark hampton:
Gary, I'll tell you the details first-hand in a few days -- in Sundance.

Will not be there.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you won't make it this year.

Picture of Predator_huntin
posted Hide Post
I've been very interested in this CP since they announced it. My local dealers say they can't get them and everyone online shows out of stock. I wish I could get my hands on one, I like the chassis design and my plan would be to use a single shot sled instead of a magazine in it...

Chris

Posts: 695 | Location: Eastern TN | Registered: February 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post