Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp base?? Login/Join 

posted
I just seen a pic of an xp with im assuming a one piece redfield? base that had the rear scope ring over the front of the receiver and the front ring about 3in out over the barrel does anyone know what mount number that is? ive seen redfields 600jr extension mount that has the rear ring over the ejection port and this isn't that. it doesn't look like a hack job. in the pic it places the scope forward enough the eyepiece is right around the grip perfect for someone who is a little short armed. any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nirvana92,

Posts: 452 | Location: wv | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of captain John
posted Hide Post
Can you post a picture? Sure would help, lots of knowledge here

IHMSA Industry Director
IHMSA Region 5 Director
Minnesota State IHMSA Director
IHMSA 39199Life
NRA life Member

Posts: 418 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ive never seen anything like that before. And yeah , a picture would be cool if you have one.
I use the extended bases , the "standard" one like you described with the rear ring centered pretty close over the bolt. They make a pretty big difference. Have you tried one of those to see if it puts the scope far enough forward?

Posts: 114 | Location: Ks | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of straight8
posted Hide Post
There were two different styles of that base. Can't tell you the numbers for both, but the one that shows is posted you know where. They are hard to come by and usually not cheap, but the work great for me on center grip xp's to get the proper eye relief on the 3-12 Burris scopes.

------------------------------
XP's: 250AI, 300BO, 350RM, 308 Imp, 375/350, 416 Whammy, 458X2"
Contender: 22LR, 375 JDJ, 500 HWP
Encore: 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 7mmRM, 308, 375 JDJ, 375 H&H, 340 WBY, 416 Taylor, 450 Alaskan, 475 & 500 Linebaugh
Semi: 45acp, 460 Rowland

Posts: 1144 | Location: "Y" City, Arkansas | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post

He's probably referring to this long discontinued redfield base. They actually made one that went even further forward. As shown by the other photos the Burris base is probably my favorite allowing for the mounting of short tube scopes.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of straight8
posted Hide Post
Dang!, I'm getting old!, don't even know what I have.

------------------------------
XP's: 250AI, 300BO, 350RM, 308 Imp, 375/350, 416 Whammy, 458X2"
Contender: 22LR, 375 JDJ, 500 HWP
Encore: 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 7mmRM, 308, 375 JDJ, 375 H&H, 340 WBY, 416 Taylor, 450 Alaskan, 475 & 500 Linebaugh
Semi: 45acp, 460 Rowland

Posts: 1144 | Location: "Y" City, Arkansas | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
straight8 you absolutely know what you have. I was just showing the same mount as your top mount in the wrapper. Which I believe is the same base he is referring to. It's a great base for a rifle but when used on the XP if your mounting a Leupold fixed 4X or 2.5x8 variable or the Bushnell 2x6's and others the ring spacing is too far apart. The Burris you have mounted on your XP in my opinion is the ideal option allowing for mounting the scope a little further forward and allowing for the mounting of shorter tube spacing. Was not trying to offend you in any way and if I did i'm sorry.

Rick

Posts: 3551 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ive seen the bases in those pics before and it is not them I don't know if its even a redfield but to give you an idea if you added maybe 3inches to the base pictured and the rear ring would sit right around where the front of that base attaches to the receiver. its almost odd looking but its a perfect solution to get the scope moved forward. I dunno how to post pics but ill email nitemann and straight 8 the pic and maybe you guys can post it here so we can find out what it is

Posts: 452 | Location: wv | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have been able to track down a few myself. One from right here on the forum with a wtb , one on gunbroker with a wtb , and another in an old gun shop that had piles of old stuff...felt guilty paying the $15 and it was nib but he set the price.

Posts: 114 | Location: Ks | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hey nitemann, straight 8 and jeff I just emailed you guys the pic hopefully you can post it

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post

Redfield made one similar to this one but not sure who's this is. I'm pretty sure it probably no longer made as well. Keep an eye on gunbroker, gunshows or fleabay and you may run across one.

Rick

posted Hide Post
hopefully someone will know what it is ive never seen one that long and thanks nitemann for posting the pic I appreciate it

Picture of snowsnake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitemann:

Redfield made one similar to this one but not sure who's this is. I'm pretty sure it probably no longer made as well. Keep an eye on gunbroker, gunshows or fleabay and you may run across one.

Rick

Pretty sure that mount was offered by Tasco as the World Class bases and rings. Pretty strong setup, all steel, two studs come up thru the base then the rings attach with opposing screws that allows some windage adjustment

Posts: 234 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks a lot now to see if I can find the needle in a haystack

posted Hide Post
did some lookin and still cant find anything close

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
You could probably have one made but it may be pricy.

Rick

Picture of snowsnake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nirvana92:
did some lookin and still cant find anything close

Well just how lucky do ya feel, send me an email.

Posts: 234 | Location: S.W. VA | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
email sent