Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nine Run Gun .284 XP100 range report Login/Join 

posted
Once I got my load data and had my bullet and powder choice decided on, I went back to the range and did some serious shooting. Using the Strelock app on my phone I decided to set my Burris 3x12 BP scope 3" high at 100yds. According to the app the center crosshairs would be dead on at 250yds, the first hash would be 300yds, the second hash 400yds, the third 500yds, and the top of the bottom post 600yds. The wind was calm and it was a beautiful morning.
I shot the first two shots at 250yds to verify zero.

Next I moved two clicks to the left and moved to 300yds and shot two shots using the first hash.

Now out to 400yds and using the second has

Looking good so far so let's try 500yds using the third hash. This group measured 1.880"

Since this is to be my 600 yard elk gun I moved it out and got this 2 1/2" group.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga sixgunner,

Posts: 950 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
W O W

Nice shooting brother!!

Posts: 606 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Very nice shooting!

Posts: 76 | Location: NC | Registered: May 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leupold Man
posted Hide Post
That's amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

---------------------------------
Veteran and NRA Life Member

Posts: 2724 | Location: Waterloo Wisconsin | Registered: October 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Those elk better have their life insurance policy up to date! Cool
And EXCELLENT shooting. thumbup
What's the load?

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Gary, I am using 160gr Nosler Accubonds over 53.5gr Hybrid powder getting 2875fps. CCI large rifle primers and 6.5x284 Norma brass necked up to .284

Posts: 950 | Location: waycross,ga | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of big10
posted Hide Post
Impressive

thumbup Rod
------------------------------
It's not a break, it's a brake, unless it's a break, then it's broke ;-)

Posts: 6521 | Location: Northern MN | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shaggy357
posted Hide Post
thumbup thumbup thumbup

Steve Smile
---------------------------------
"Life is a play before an audience of one. When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"

Posts: 1933 | Location: Washington  | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting , you " Da " man ! bowdown

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
Very good!!! thumbup
Nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
nice shooting thumbup

-Mike

Posts: 2292 | Location: Oregon | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Looking Good!

Am I correct in seeing that your load is a bit lower on impact than the BP reticle?

I'm curious how far off it is. (I'm considering putting one of my Burris scopes with the BP reticle on my 7 SAUM...).

Nice gun and great shooting.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

LIFE

Picture of tgp
posted Hide Post
that's some great shootin!! Big Grin

Glenn

“Evil, unchecked, is the prelude to genocide. - Anonymous”
― Joel C. Rosenberg, The Auschwitz Escape

Posts: 3513 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Rog, you are correct. The 3rd hash is a couple inches low at 500yds. At 600 I used the top of the bottom post and it was approx 5" low.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info ga sixgunner.

I guess a slightly higher zero would be the fix to "match" the reticle as close as possible for all distances.

Either way, that'll still tag an elk at those distances I reckon.

Regards,
Rog (Buttermilk421)

Posts: 1591 | Location: Good ol' Oklahoma | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of nmhunter
posted Hide Post
GA 6 definitely ""minute of elk""
very good setup. now all you have to do is practice and wait till it's time to get out there.
thumbup
nmhunter

Posts: 4539 | Location: madisonville ky USA | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TXBRASS
posted Hide Post
Dang good shooting!

CW
Get your W-GEAR shooting accessories NOW!
SP Scabbards, Rear Rest Bags, Ammo Bracelets, Front Rest Bags, & more...
Made in USA with a LIFETIME warranty!

www.codyweiser.com

- SHORT STICK BANG GANG -

Posts: 1227 | Location: SHINER, TX | Registered: September 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is awesome shooting and damn near rifle speed,very impressive.Poor elkSmile
Matt

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Awesome, just awesome!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Now that is getting it done.

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Posts: 619 | Location: Rockingham Co. VA. | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
That is why I have been saying that, "Michael DeLoach/Nine Run Gun is a Gregg Tannellish type gunsmith!" thumbup

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post