Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm BR / .308 ND Login/Join 

posted
Happy 4th everyone! Its been a few years since I posted here. I have been going through my old IHMSA pistols and came across an XP I purchased from a member of this forum - but unfortunately have lost all records of it. The barrel is engraved 7mm BR / .308 ND. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this cambering and how it differs from a standard 7 BR. I have been unable to find anything online regarding it, and never had the opportunity to load for/shoot this pistol. Thanks in advance!

Douglas

- Major I. L. Holdridge, USMC

Posts: 283 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: July 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So the pictures didnt work... Here is the link to the pics of this pistol:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djl...ydLy5LP2jKRa4Wa?dl=0

Posts: 283 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: July 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My guess would be a 7BR chambered with .308 Neck Diameter (ND) reamer. In other words, the outside neck diameter of your loaded round must be less than .308 in order to chamber.

Gordon

Posts: 141 | Location: SW Ala | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The 7br standard neck is .310 so yours has a tight neck chamber! Is this Doug H?
Thanks Allen

Posts: 1384 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Allen! Yep, Doug H. Been a few years! Still shooting IHMSA these days?

posted Hide Post
Still shooting! Give me a call sometime. 601-624-2868

Posts: 1384 | Location: Madison Ms | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post