Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    Interest in Group Buy For McMillian Reargrip XP Stocks

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interest in Group Buy For McMillian Reargrip XP Stocks Login/Join 

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted
How much interest would there be in a group buy for McMillian rear grip XP stocks? They would need an order for 12. Not sure I know how to go about it just checking for interest. I only get access to a computer about every other day so if you have a question it may take a few days.

Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Left Hand Dave,

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The BR stock or the one they put on factory XP-100r's?

Aaron

Posts: 2754 | Location: AK | Registered: March 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I didn't know they made the Remington factory stock. I assumed it was the BR stock but I will check.

Dave

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
Please note: on the previous group buy here, I was able to order mine with the inlet for a short action Rem. 700 - much better option than a xp.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
This is the one I would want but I believe they will no longer produce this type.

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would be interested as long as it is ambidextrous (for us lefties). Im still waiting for my center grip from the orders Ernie put in for us, but i figured i would have plenty of time to save up for the next one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roger Davis,

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
The BR stock is ambidextrous.

----------------------
Never argue with an idiot: they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
I am that idiot.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Purgatory(Ohio)  | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I will get answers to all of the questions and some additional information today and post this afternoon/evening.

Dave

posted Hide Post
Ok so here is what I have so far.

1. The stock is the BR stock not the stock in Pa Mike's photo I have a photo but I don't think I can figure out how to post it.

2. The stock is an ambi stock.

3. The Rem short action inlet is an option.

4. Shipping will be about $25

5. We need an order for 12 to have a group buy right now it looks like we have orders for 5. So if it is going to happen we need more interest. If anyone has any ideas of how to generate more interest I am all ears.

I did it I got the picture in there.

Dave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Left Hand Dave,

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Since you say that your not on the computer much you may want to see if Ernie wants to run this group buy. He’s done well with the Center grip one. Just a thought

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Left Hand Dave sent me a PM, to see if I would be interested in heading this up.
I told him, I would, but I sure didn't want to do it, if someone had a passion for doing it.

With the center-grip's I paid with my own money upfront, to make sure you all got your stocks ASAP.

Until I speak with them, I won't know some things for sure.

If someone wanted a stock for a 700SA, I would probably want that money up front, as it would be harder to move it if someone backed out on me.

IF, I am the one doing they may not require a 12 stock start since I already have ordered so many-not sure yet, until I get to visit with them.

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Davis:
I would be interested as long as it is ambidextrous (for us lefties). Im still waiting for my center grip from the orders Ernie put in for us, but i figured i would have plenty of time to save up for the next one.

The BR stock is a Ambi stock

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I got word back from McMillan today:
"I spoke with Varian, our Production Manager and he said he would make a special run for you regarding the PGBR Pistol stock with the 3” wide forearm. If we are inletting them, we want to set up the mill only once; you can order as many as you like; BUT it’s probably best you order as many as you think will sell because if maybe next year before they run them again (or if at all). If we cut the dog-leg bolt notch it will be an additional $56.00 per stock."

These would be inletted for the single-shot, dogleg bolt handle, XP-100 for a 1.250 barrel.

If we do multiple inletting for multiple actions, I am not sure they will do it or if it will raise the costs of the other inletting (700 SA, XP-100R, etc...).

How serious are you guys about doing this and how many wants one or more?

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Ernie,

I spoke with my buddy, JimB338 and we are sure we would like 2 each for a total of 4 but would like to have them inlet for the 700 short action. The reason we were looking at the short action is that we both have a stack of the 700 short action single shot actions that we can use. That and both of us feel it is a sin to make a rear grip out of a XP action when they are so hard to come by. I hope we are not making things more difficult.

Dave

Picture of old leghumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left Hand Dave:
Ernie,

I spoke with my buddy, JimB338 and we are sure we would like 2 each for a total of 4 but would like to have them inlet for the 700 short action. The reason we were looking at the short action is that we both have a stack of the 700 short action single shot actions that we can use. That and both of us feel it is a sin to make a rear grip out of a XP action when they are so hard to come by. I hope we are not making things more difficult.

Dave

When you get these built, try them out at Rayners.

----------------------
I am that idiot.

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left Hand Dave:
Ernie,

Dave

I will see what I can do about having two different inlets. One for the single shot XP-100 with the dog leg bolt handle, and then the second one for the 700 short action with the standard bolt handle cut out for it.
Does that sound like a good idea guys?

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me and I really do appreciate all the effort.

Dave

Picture of HandCanonShootr
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a rear grip stock to fit XP100R action (w/straight bolt if possible)

Mike B

----------------------------
Everything in excess!
To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites.
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth—
This was the ancient Law of Youth.
Old times are past, Old days are done:
But the Law runs True, O Little Son!

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
What I am seeing so far:
Roger Davis: (which action)? Not sure if Roger for sure want one or not.
Left Hand Dave & JimB338 want 4 stocks all together for the 700 SA Footprint
HandCanonShootr wants one for the XP-100R action with a straight bolt.

What I am seeing so far is 5, possibly 6 stocks so far.
Any more takers?

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
I would like one for the 700SA inlet

Posts: 3 | Location: mississippi delta | Registered: February 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Depending on cost, I might be in for one. Either xp-100r or 700 sa.

Posts: 126 | Location: missouri | Registered: June 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I’m fighting the urge.....the urge for distance lipsrsealed

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
I will pick one up for myself, just in case for the future. I think this is going to be a one-time opportunity.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of CATskinr
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in 1 for the 700.

Posts: 790 | Location: wyoming | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would be interested in one for a 700SA inlet.

Posts: 2 | Location: Abilene, Tx | Registered: December 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'd rather not have the dogleg cutout. For those that need it, it's not a big deal to cut it out. For the ones that don't want it, it could mean passing up the opportunity.

Personally I'd like one or two cut for a left hand action, but that's just me.

There's going to be some XP clones available from Borden if he gets them finished. Probably only right hand but it would be a shame if they all had to be cut for the stock bolt handle.

I'm pretty sure they inlet their stocks on a CNC mill. If so there should be no big deal to switch programs. The setup is the same no matter what action they inlet it for.

Posts: 18 | Location: USA | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Still working on details of the rear grip BR group buy.
I am waiting for a response on a variety of questions.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
This is going to be a lot more detailed oriented than the center-grip group buy.
There will not be a block price with multiple actions, bolt types, bottom metal inletting, etc...

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Thinking about one and if I do it would be for a 700 short action single shot solid bottom 40x style receiver.

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
No bottom metal options with any of these

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Ernie, I will have to miss this out on this one. Trying to get my house ready to put on the market. Seems to take all my cash for now. Roger.

Navy Chief. Retired.

Posts: 330 | Location: Jacksonville Florida | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Barrel Channel will be for a 1.250 Straight.
If, your barrel is a lighter contour, then it just gives that much more room for your barrel to breathe/cool quicker.

McMillan wants our batches to all have the same inlet.
We are going to approach this group buy in terms of three different batches of stocks or inlets.

Batch One: The Single-Shot Remington XP-100
How many want it made for the dogleg bolt handle?
How many want it made for a straight bolt handle?

Batch Two: The XP-100R/Model 7 Action

Batch Three: The 700 Short Action and clones
Will they inlet for a left hand 700 SA (left bolt/left port)? YES
Will they inlet the stock for the 700 short action where you could use the 700 Remington short action bottom metal? NO

There is still more questions to be answered, but we are getting there.
I don't have the final prices yet.

Interest still there?
Questions?
I could be wrong, but I am still considering this a one-time shot.

Barrel Channel will be for a 1.250 Straight
Color combinations, can be just like the center grips

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ernie,

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Man. I'd go either the xp-100r or 700 inlet.

Posts: 126 | Location: missouri | Registered: June 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
They are willing to do all three different actions, but they’ll do one batch or one run at a time. Finish that batch. And then move to the second batch. And so on.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Yup interested, XP100R (straight bolt)

Thanks in advance Ernie

Mike B.

Everything in excess!
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

-Charles T. Davis

Posts: 1526 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: December 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would take 2 , xp 100 straight bolt . Thanks Jason

Posts: 107 | Location: Western Il | Registered: June 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jroc
posted Hide Post
Ernie I would be interested in 1 - XP100 and 1 - Remy 700 SA right hand. Jim

Posts: 121 | Location: Michigan/Montana | Registered: May 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Batch Three: The 700 Short Action and clones Will they inlet for a left hand 700 SA (left bolt/left port)? YES Will they inlet the stock for the 700 short action where you could use the 700 Remington short action bottom metal? NO

Does this mean they will still inlet for the 700 SA RH actions?

Dave

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Yes, on both the left hand and right hand 700 short actions.
I will have to find out if RH/RP will be one batch and if LH/LP will be another batch for the 700 SA and clones.
So, we may have a fourth batch. I will find out this week hopefully.

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
Move over to this thread in hte link below, if you are interested in the group buy.
All the information is there.
E

http://specialtypistols.infopo...150037096#4150037096

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Mntngoat
posted Hide Post
Put be down for 2 XP-100 with straight Bolt handles

ML

Posts: 108 | Location: Behind The Orange Curtain, Kalifornia | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mntngoat:
Put be down for 2 XP-100 with straight Bolt handles

ML

Sounds good. Shoot me an email with your name your address for FedEx and your phone number and then give me the color combination that you want on each of those

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
http://specialtypistols.infopo...110018096#8110018096

Go to this thread to find all the information to get on the waiting list

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
I ordered my stock like 4 days ago and it’s not here yet.... Dead Horse

posted Hide Post
quote:
I ordered my stock like 4 days ago and it’s not here yet....

Well my order has been in almost twice as long! No sign of mine either.
Dead Horse

Mike B

Everything in excess!
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

-Charles T. Davis

posted Hide Post
Mine arrived here yesterday

Posts: 1609 | Location: East Central Iowa | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I will take a RB/RP for the 700 action,I just ordered a S/S single shot 700 action for this project happy
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 17VLD:
I will take a RB/RP for the 700 action,I just ordered a S/S single shot 700 action for this project happy
Matt

go to: http://specialtypistols.infopo...6077864/m/4150037096

Mike B.
(still waiting patiently)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Matt

Matt, did you order it from Buds? I'm almost ready to order one myself. That action makes the most sense to me for one of the McMillan Rear grips.

Jon

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iowa Fox:
quote:
Matt

Matt, did you order it from Buds? I'm almost ready to order one myself. That action makes the most sense to me for one of the McMillan Rear grips.

Jon

Here is where you can get it:
http://specialtypistols.infopo...6077864/m/4150037096

WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

posted Hide Post
Yes Jon I did use Buds,At the time they showed 10 in stock.I did wind up ordering 2,stainless single shot .473 boltface.
Matt

------------------------------
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
VHA LIFE MEMBER
IBS MEMBER

Posts: 632 | Location: Upstate South Carolina  | Registered: March 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt. Should be a great platform to build on, keep us posted on your build.

Jon

posted Hide Post
Hopefully 12 or 15 (reargrip) stocks are enough for McMillan to do these runs. Qty seems low. (then split into 4 inlet batches)
Ernie did they have a minimum number to get these into production?

Mike B.
Downey, CA

Everything in excess!
Moderation is for monks.

-Lazarus Long

-Charles T. Davis