Specialty Pistols
Chamber Reamer Rental? and 7mm BR dies to pay it fwd

This topic can be found at:
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3826077864/m/2520094396

January 25, 2019, 03:28 PM
BlkHillsBagger
Chamber Reamer Rental? and 7mm BR dies to pay it fwd
Hi, got my XP-100 today, and am going to try to have the chamber reamed before I look at a whole new barrel. I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the chamber reamer rentals places online, and if you could suggest any you were satisfied with. Thanks for any input.

Also, seller included 7mm BR dies with the gun that I won't need. I was fortunate enough to be given a bunch 7mm-08 ammo and brass by a guy at my FFL holders today, (that I will use in my Encore and in this XP after re-chambering or with a new barrel at some point) so if anyone knows anyone that could use some free RCBS 7mm BR dies, fwd me an address and I'll pay it fwd. Thanks

John
Black Hills

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlkHillsBagger,
January 25, 2019, 04:03 PM
Nitemann
Sent you a PM on the dies. No help on the reamer rentals. Are you planning on doing it your self? I would think most smiths have 7-08 reamers.

Rick
January 25, 2019, 04:07 PM
indianamoon
Reamerrentals.com has both reamers and the headspace gages, I believe they are who I have used in the past. Reasonable rates
January 25, 2019, 04:11 PM
kware
I have used 4D Rental reamers a couple of times for just basic things where the throat was not effected. 4D has worked well for me, but again I never had to cut a new throat.

kware
January 25, 2019, 05:04 PM
Hoggin
Elk ridge and 4d I have used.

If this is a DIY job you need a lathe to do this. It’s way too much cutting to do it by hand.

If a Smith is doing it most of us charge just as much for a rechamber as we do a new chamber. The couple hundered for a barrel is money well spent.
January 25, 2019, 05:55 PM
BlkHillsBagger
Thanks all, I'll check that link. Rick, replied to your PM, the dies are urs, send me your info, ill pop em in the mail to you tomorrow. There's one gunsmith shop that I can check with Monday, otherwise it will be done by a retired machinist I know that gunsmiths thru a range here, but he doesn't have that reamer. Thanks for all the input.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlkHillsBagger,
January 26, 2019, 12:49 PM
Bobcat
I haven't looked at the drawings but will a 7MM/08 chamber clean up a 7MM BR chamber?

------------------------------
I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee
January 26, 2019, 04:58 PM
Hoggin
quote:
Originally posted by Bobcat:
I haven't looked at the drawings but will a 7MM/08 chamber clean up a 7MM BR chamber?

No. It just pushes the shoulder forward.