Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

CLICK HERE for Subscriptions    Specialty Pistols    Specialty Pistols Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Bolt Action, Falling Block & Rotary Breech Pistols    Chamber Reamer Rental? and 7mm BR dies to pay it fwd

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chamber Reamer Rental? and 7mm BR dies to pay it fwd Login/Join 

posted
Hi, got my XP-100 today, and am going to try to have the chamber reamed before I look at a whole new barrel. I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the chamber reamer rentals places online, and if you could suggest any you were satisfied with. Thanks for any input.

Also, seller included 7mm BR dies with the gun that I won't need. I was fortunate enough to be given a bunch 7mm-08 ammo and brass by a guy at my FFL holders today, (that I will use in my Encore and in this XP after re-chambering or with a new barrel at some point) so if anyone knows anyone that could use some free RCBS 7mm BR dies, fwd me an address and I'll pay it fwd. Thanks

John
Black Hills

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlkHillsBagger,

Posts: 20 | Location: Black Hills | Registered: January 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nitemann
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM on the dies. No help on the reamer rentals. Are you planning on doing it your self? I would think most smiths have 7-08 reamers.

Rick

Posts: 3523 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of indianamoon
posted Hide Post
Reamerrentals.com has both reamers and the headspace gages, I believe they are who I have used in the past. Reasonable rates

Posts: 908 | Location: Indianer | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have used 4D Rental reamers a couple of times for just basic things where the throat was not effected. 4D has worked well for me, but again I never had to cut a new throat.

kware

Posts: 205 | Location: Western Missouri | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
Elk ridge and 4d I have used.

If this is a DIY job you need a lathe to do this. It’s way too much cutting to do it by hand.

If a Smith is doing it most of us charge just as much for a rechamber as we do a new chamber. The couple hundered for a barrel is money well spent.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I'll check that link. Rick, replied to your PM, the dies are urs, send me your info, ill pop em in the mail to you tomorrow. There's one gunsmith shop that I can check with Monday, otherwise it will be done by a retired machinist I know that gunsmiths thru a range here, but he doesn't have that reamer. Thanks for all the input.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlkHillsBagger,

Posts: 20 | Location: Black Hills | Registered: January 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobcat
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked at the drawings but will a 7MM/08 chamber clean up a 7MM BR chamber?

------------------------------
I think it better to do right, even if we suffer in so doing, than to incur the reproach of our consciences and posterity.
General Robert E. Lee

Posts: 2155 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hoggin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobcat:
I haven't looked at the drawings but will a 7MM/08 chamber clean up a 7MM BR chamber?

No. It just pushes the shoulder forward.

Posts: 4007 | Location: Newcastle, WY | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post