Support Our Sponsors! Click On Their Banner To Visit Their Site!

Moderators: nmhunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 48 Independence 6.5 Creedmoor on the way Login/Join 

posted
My wife surprised me and told me she ordered me a Nosler 48 Independence 6.5 Creedmoor for Christmas. She said she had to tell me because she heard me on the phone with Chris Rhodes and was afraid I was about to place an order (which I was). Suggestions on a scope? I think I am going to try a rifle scope for this one. I am going to order a brake to go on it.

Ronnie

Posts: 198 | Location: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Does she have a sister?

“Why are you axin’ me?”
-Lizzie Borden’s mother

Posts: 67 | Location: Western NY | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Left Hand Dave
posted Hide Post
More importantly, your wife is getting you a Nosler 48 Independence. What do you get her

Posts: 451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Another fellow here got the same gun and had the same question recently. I think you answers will be in that thread.

I ended up taking all my rifle scopes and seeing what had the best eye box and eye relief for SP use. Ended up putting a Leica ER 3.5-14 on mine, but they're not the easiest to find.

I also found that for a light specialty pistol with a decent amount of recoil, slipping the barrel into the straps of an armageddon bag blunted the movement of the gun in recoil without obligating myself to a heavier pistol.

Posts: 91 | Location: TX | Registered: September 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left Hand Dave:
More importantly, your wife is getting you a Nosler 48 Independence. What do you get her

HaHa!! Yeah, now the pressure's really on you. Wishing you the best of luck w/ your "substantial" Christmas present purchase. Big Grin

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
She has me, what more does she need?

Ronnie

Posts: 198 | Location: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
On another note I just ordered a Leupold 4.5-14x40 to put on it

Ronnie

posted Hide Post
Oh, she has you!

Posts: 98 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: January 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Change in plans again or at least details. My wife got an email today saying that they were sorry but that pistol was out of stock in 6.5 Creedmoor even though it was listed as in stock for gunbroker! She was livid. A few rather warm exchanges later and a 7mm-08 is on the way with a couple hundred dollar refund and some ammo to boot! Don’t **** the lady off! I am happy and lucky!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pacecars,

Ronnie

Picture of Ernie
posted Hide Post
NEW TOY COMING!!!!

Ernie (xphunter) "The Un-Tactical"
WY-SHOT 2022 June 20-22

Posts: 12177 | Location: Gillette, Wyoming | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That IS awesome!

Posts: 98 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: January 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
7-08………..is great Big Grin

------------------------
~Kentucky....there is no place i'd rather be~

Join the NRA

Posts: 9425 | Location: Northeast Ky. | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

rooooogar lover

Picture of magman
posted Hide Post
Too bad you couldn't get the 6.5, but second place ain't bad. Big Grin

Tim
------------------------------

NRA PATRIOT Life Member

Posts: 6994 | Location: Western NY | Registered: May 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't know anything that the 7-08 gives up to the Creedmoor.
Just my opinion.

Posts: 229 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
At least now I don’t have to get a man-bun

Ronnie

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
At least now I don’t have to get a man-bun

I can remain bald!

Ronnie

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Did you receive your Independence yet? If so how do you like it?

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Haven’t shot it yet

Ronnie

posted Hide Post
Which scope is that?

I have the twin of your gun in 6.5 CM in its way with UPS to my FFL now,trying to decide between my Vx3HD 4.5-14 cds rifle scope or the Burris 3-12 pistol scope.

Posts: 202 | Location: W. KY | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun! Every time you pull the trigger, remember to say in your mind, "Thank you honey"! Big Grin What kind of loads are you going to work on?

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1674 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YodieBuzz:
Which scope is that?

I have the twin of your gun in 6.5 CM in its way with UPS to my FFL now,trying to decide between my Vx3HD 4.5-14 cds rifle scope or the Burris 3-12 pistol scope.

It is the Leupold you listed

Ronnie

Picture of Pa. Mike
posted Hide Post
Anxious to hear how it shoots and how good the trigger is? popcorn

Posts: 944 | Location: South Central Pennsylvania | Registered: February 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
quote:
Originally posted by YodieBuzz:
Which scope is that?

It is the Leupold you listed

Awesome, looking forward to a range report.

Posts: 202 | Location: W. KY | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
2 different brakes work well on these, area 419 is what I have, the API lil bastard works well too.

Posts: 9 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: December 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post